Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

12 hours ago, Atombaum said:

We were supposed to believe he is a Mullins and then believe  Braylon is coming to IU.  Then hes not.  Ok.  great info.

You must be new to following recruiting. Things change. It probably was leaning very hard towards IU when he said that. Don't forget these  are teenagers who are trying to make a big decision so things can change,  multiple times and quickly.

I also don't know why you'd take anything on a message board about recruiting as gospel. Especially anything so far from an announcement.

Braylon Mullins, (Barrel Rick) 

After seeing you play numerous times and even once yelling Ray Allen repeatedly while you were on a heater ; I've been on record as saying after one event that there were better schools for your skillset than IU. I shared that unpopular opinion many times actually. Of the remaining schools though, under the current construction to include recruiting classes, you would be better served to go to IU. Betting on yourself would be taking on the weight of being the face of IU basketball. You are too young to remember the immediate God status of Steve Alford or all of us waiting for Damon to arrive. Staying home to be that is betting on yourself. It's pressure but for the rest of your life you can do no wrong. If you have a bad night everyone will blame the coach. You can drive 100mph on I70, you'll never pay for a drink or a meal again and for a decade half of all male babies in the state will be named Braylon. I know atleast 20 Damon's or Baileys. If it's just basketball....pull a school out of a hat, you're that good, but life and basketball it's IU. 

18 hours ago, Atombaum said:

so at least we know barrell sucks at the truth

18 hours ago, Atombaum said:

We were supposed to believe he is a Mullins and then believe  Braylon is coming to IU.  Then hes not.  Ok.  great info.

Barrell was spot on at the time. But teenagers are involved; all bets are off unless you aren't afraid to lose. 

This will come off as sour grapes I’m sure, and maybe it is….but as someone who lives in Greenfield, attended a few games last year, and planned on attending quite a bit more this year , I’m not interested in cheering on a UConn recruit.  I also wonder what this does to his Mr. Basketball hopes.  That said, he has to make the right decision for him and I wish him the best of luck.  

45 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

This will come off as sour grapes I’m sure, and maybe it is….but as someone who lives in Greenfield, attended a few games last year, and planned on attending quite a bit more this year , I’m not interested in cheering on a UConn recruit.  I also wonder what this does to his Mr. Basketball hopes.  That said, he has to make the right decision for him and I wish him the best of luck.  

Kinda doubt he is concerned about Mr. Basketball. Sights are set on getting to the league asap. 

16 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

Eh, nothing wrong with that. When a recruit chooses another school I lose interest immediately. I don't wish them ill, but I also don't wish them well. They just become unimportant to me.

16 hours ago, 94Bulldog said:

He's still the favorite for Mr. Basketball but he is in one of deeper classes for kids that could put up numbers to challenge him for the award. They aren't all big time college recruits but they are 3A and 4A players so they could make a real case when it's all said and done imo.

Mr Basketball Candidates (JR Stats) 

Braylon Mullins 25 ppg Greenfield 

Azavier Robinson 19 ppg Lawrence North 

Tre Singleton 14 ppg Jeffersonville 

Damien King 23 ppg Anderson

Julius Gizzi 29 ppg New Palestine 

Josiah Ball 30 ppg Maconaquah

Chase Konieczny 20 ppg South Bend Saint Joe

Kellen Pickett 20 ppg Fort Wayne Blackhawk