Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Schreckbagger

Trayce Jackson-Davis - Golden State Warriors

13 hours ago, str8baller said:

This is a rather impressive sentence from the article you linked:

TJD joins Rookie of the Year candidates Chet Holmgren (Oklahoma City Thunder) and Victor Wembanyama (San Antonio Spurs) as the only rookies with back-to-back double-doubles this season.

Curry to TJD --

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/25/watch-steph-curry-finds-trayce-jackson-davis-at-the-rim-for-alley-oop-vs-nuggets/

And siap -- Curry giving TJD a lot of praise

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2023/12/23/trayce-jackson-davis-stephen-curry-indiana-basketball-star/72020611007/

As the NBA season has gone on, former Indiana basketball star Trayce Jackson-Davis has impressed more and more people.

That list includes his Golden State Warriors teammate, two-time MVP Stephen Curry. After Jackson-Davis scored 10 points and grabbed 15 rebounds against the Washington Wizards on Friday, Anthony Slater of The Athletic asked Curry about Jackson-Davis, who was picked 57th overall in the 2023 NBA Draft.

"I knew about him," Curry said. "I watched college basketball and a couple of Indiana games."

Sometimes luck/fate is also involved. I highly doubt TJD would be getting this great chance to show his stuff if Green had not gone off the rails (there just would not have been enough available minutes). I’ll bet Golden State would love to trade Green but he is guaranteed 100,000,000 for the balance of this season and the next three at which point he will be nearly 38.  
Guessing the GM would like a “do-over” with that contract.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Game #32 of his NBA career and he is now a starter. Replaced a healthy Looney in the starting lineup tonight.

While not exactly the same role, TJD stepping up in Draymond Green's absence is not the kind of thing that goes unnoticed in the league. Was smart to bet on himself looking for a guaranteed deal and good situation to step into. If he keeps playing well, he's setting himself up for a bigggg pay day down the road. Draymond's versatility/defensive ability without all the baggage. Think every team would value that.