Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Chris Ledlum - Harvard Transfer to Tennessee -- Wait, Make That St. John's

13 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Rabby said b1g style of play was a big factor that TN led with. 

Not sure I buy that one. Will be interested to read an interview with him. If he says that, ok, but sorry, no team in the B1G plays any more physically or is any more set based than Tennessee. Not 1. 

As I said earlier today, Barnes is to be reckoned with.

I’m whatever about Ledlum. He seems slow to me. Has old man at the Y game but the staff really wanted him so that bothers me more.

We theoretically have a lot of NIL to throw around, but no one left currently in the portal Is really intriguing to me.

Really hoping for some new faces somewhere, somehow.

Somebody out there must want the bag, right!

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Not sure I buy that one. Will be interested to read an interview with him. If he says that, ok, but sorry, no team in the B1G plays any more physically or is any more set based than Tennessee. Not 1. 

Honestly, if I'm a highly sought after recruit/transfer. The style of play conference wide, would weigh heavily on my decision. I'm looking B12, ACC, and SEC. And it kills me to say that fellas!

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Rabby said b1g style of play was a big factor that TN led with. 

He has been saying that for years on why it is hard for the big ten to get a lot of elite players

18 minutes ago, Demo said:

Yeah I think the B1G officiating style is a real issue but you can’t watch UT and buy this

21 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The longer this went on, the less I liked our chances. It's been almost 2 weeks since he visited IU...ancient history at this point. Kind of like any program success we try to sell compared to our competitors. 

I mean, if selling program success is the angle Woody and staff are taking, that explains the miss... 

IU in the current landscape of NCAA basketball has, IMO, 3 very compelling selling points for recruits: 

1. NIL 
  2. NBA connection/relationships via Woody
  3. The campus/student body

Point #3 can be matched by a lot of places, so very geography/personal preference specific. 

There are minutes to be had here. Play on national television plenty and in front of some of the best fans in basketball. 

If program prestige is a major part of our pitch, that seems like a miscalculation.

Being able to win a lot of basketball games is a different pitch, but I suppose someone could argue they're one and the same. Or that prestige is a byproduct of winning a lot of games. We don't exactly have a great track record the past few decades, but Woody made progress from year 1 to year 2. Not being able to sell that to top recruits, suggests to me, we're either casting too small of a net or focusing on the wrong things. That said - we'll see where things stand at the end of portal season. 

Sucks to miss on Ledlum, but good luck to him. We'll be okay. 

Hope Banks and Gunn are living in Cook Hall!