Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB v Wisconsin, Saturday 1/14, 1:00 pm EST on CBS

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Sounds like in yesterday's practice that Woodson and JG got into it verbally.  Hopefully that lights a fire.  Haven't seen defense like that from him.

Honestly from my perspective that's what JG has been missing, that killer instinct type of mojo, didn't know about them getting into it, good, get him focused;

1. I want the warm up t-shirt

2. The officiating was what it always is

3. My mom might be right on Galloway

4. I don't mind TJD having fun after a dunk but go without the flexing after making the shot

5. My only other complaint is waiting in line for the bathroom in the middle of the concourse 

8 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

“It’s always darkest before the dawn.”

Mike Woodson is too proud and too accomplished to allow his alma mater to play embarrassing basketball.

I had a strong feeling today would be a good day. So did others. Mike Woodson is an accomplished coach, a prideful guy, and absolutely holds subpar performance accountable, including his own when necessary.

A lot of work to do and we’ll continue to miss X a lot, but the trend line was changed today. Let’s grind back to the middle of the pack with a home win against MSU next weekend, and once X and Race are back we will be a very. dangerous. team.

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Mike Woodson is too proud and too accomplished to allow his alma mater to play embarrassing basketball.

I had a strong feeling today would be a good day. So did others. Mike Woodson is an accomplished coach, a prideful guy, and absolutely holds subpar performance accountable, including his own when necessary.

A lot of work to do and we’ll continue to miss X a lot, but the trend line was changed today. Let’s grind back to the middle of the pack with a home win against MSU next weekend, and once X and Race are back we will be a very. dangerous. team.

Well obviously, we all hope this is true.  But I have my doubts about the trend line changing today.  But an Indiana win is always good, especially over a team we have struggled to beat for so long.  

My son had a 4 game soccer tourney.  Watched game on recording. Very pleased with defensive effort especially during the first half. 

absolutely needed this win. Would have at minimum won the NW game with this effort.  That makes things frustrating.  

Expectations have been reset.  We are fighting to make the tournament and sadly I’ll admit I’ll be happy if we can just make it. 

We don’t shoot well enough to win much, if any on the road,  so it’s going to be crucial to stack up the home wins. 

We are 2-4 now. We played a weak part of the schedule. Lots of work to do but I am happy we defended with a purpose today.  (Although admittedly Wisco missed a fair share of open 3s). 

Hope remains alive. All we get is Illinois on road next week.  Gonna be a very, very tough one. An unexpected win there could flip the script a little bit. 

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I agree with this. I have a few stray thoughts in this vein so here goes:

1. Under Archie Miller, IU could never really raise its station or reverse negative momentum due to some balance of his shortcomings and misfortune. Mike Woodson is not Miller. A lot of our worry is a Miller hangover 

2. This may be one way CMW’s NBA experience is helpful. In an 82 game season, every team deals with injuries, DNP (rest), slumps. You need to be willing to ride with the healthy players, identify and address issues within the season, self-scout, motivate out of a lull…

3. After the game I found myself giddy at the idea of X and JHS playing together again after Jalen has the responsibility of playing without X. If and when everyone comes back full-strength, the same benefits may pay off in some measure for Geronimo, Tamar, Trey, Malik, and CJ, too.

38 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I have thought this all along but have been reluctant to state it in front of the mob. He has a vision for IU basketball and it is an NBA style offense. He doesn't have the players to make it work the way he wants, but he can't stray from the style if he hopes to get the guys he needs. The top kids care most about the style of play. Listen to their interviews and that's what you will hear. IU can't run a play based or motion style offense and attract the kids CMW wants. A free flowing read and react style is what great high school kids are looking for. And their best chance to get to the next level. If he can get the guys he needs, CMW can be great at IU. If not, there will be another coaching search.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

I think he has to realize the difference between motivating an NBA player and a college kid.  

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I think he has to realize the difference between motivating an NBA player and a college kid.  

With NIL, the line between the two is becoming very blurry. As an NBA coach, Woodson was equal parts coach and talent manager. He is learning. CMW knows basketball at every level. At the end of the day, success or failure often comes down to the talent needed to play a particular way.

24 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

And the urgency of it. I don’t doubt Stuhoo’s theory, but this revelation could’ve come sooner. We’ve played like crap for the last month.  

Had we won just one of the Iowa or NW games, then we’re 3-3, in the middle of the pack, and looking at a possible winning conf record.  As it is, we’ll have to win one on the road and all of them at home to get to .500. 

They’ll have to play with the same intensity they did today in the remaining games to even have a shot at that. 

3 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Honestly from my perspective that's what JG has been missing, that killer instinct type of mojo, didn't know about them getting into it, good, get him focused;

He has been missing not knowing where he is supposed to be on defense, not realizing he isn’t a three, avoiding touch fouls, the ability to dribble and make decisions in traffic etc, etc.

That being said, he did a ton of good things today and will have earned a lot of playing time going forward  if he  can be consistent. Was great to see how he played today.

5 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Convincing win but no Wahl for Wisconsin. Take it. Essegian leads Wisky as expected.  Another great underrated Indiana HS kid.

Yea, I don’t know what’s considered tampering lol but I’d give Conner a cal and say….Son, how would you like to play in front of this crowd next year?

that kid is going to be a problem

1 hour ago, schoosier said:

Wow, I had no idea the 3 baller was a Hoosier from E Noble. How Kopp gets recruited and home grown plays for Wisky? 1-8 3s today

Central Noble