Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - PG Boogie Fland to Kentucky

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Yes, thanks! That would be some entertaining stuff.

Were we in either Malik or Mack’s final 5, much less 2?  It’s a bit different than when you’re not even considered and things change in the spring and conversations happen vs you’re the one left standing at the altar.  

Just now, 94Bulldog said:

Were we in either Malik or Mack’s final 5, much less 2?  It’s a bit different than when you’re not even considered and things change in the spring and conversations happen vs you’re the one left standing at the altar.  

True.

Though we're most certainly not left standing at the altar. We're in the player's final three and it's over a year before the 2024 class will play a game. 

2 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Decisions have consequences.  Just my opinion.  

That is some old testament stuff there. I believe that everyone should be able to atone for their sins, even when they break the eleventh commandment. Thou shall not chooseth pUKe and forsake thy Hoosiers.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

True.

Though we're most certainly not left standing at the altar. We're in the player's final three and it's over a year before the 2024 class will play a game. 

True as well.  I guess it depends on how things truly went down.  Was it truly a battle til the end or was it UK all along and IU was used to up UK’s offer?  If it’s the latter, I still say, good luck kid, our ship has sailed.

33 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Someone saw that Boogie has recently followed Clif Marshall on social media and couldn’t recall noticing him being on there before, so hopefully that could be something. Just adding that tidbit 

Boogie doesn’t follow Clif. Clif follows Boogie

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

Regardless of what happens let’s get away from personal attacks. This board always tries to stay above that, and it is what makes this place the best forum for so many of us. 

Sandwich talk in lieu of negativity is still highly encouraged*.

*not necessarily a board policy but definitely a Stromboli policy 

I'm never eating a Cuban again. Just strombolis from now on. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I'm never eating a Cuban again. Just strombolis from now on. 

Dang Stuhoo poisoned minds that hot pockets are good sandwiches.  I don't blame Boogie for looking down on us

As someone that has been around high school several kids that have been recruited to play college athletics I will say this. High school recruits get sold a bill of goods and make bad decisions in recruitments all the time. Not saying that’s what happened here but it does happen A TON!

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

Dang Stuhoo poisoned minds that hot pockets are good sandwiches.  I don't blame Boogie for looking down on us

Soy el maestro supremo del juicio y selección de todos los elementos del almuerzo.

¡Inclínate ante la excelencia de mi sándwich!

10 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

As someone that has been around high school several kids that have been recruited to play college athletics I will say this. High school recruits get sold a bill of goods and make bad decisions in recruitments all the time. Not saying that’s what happened here but it does happen A TON!

I want to be upset but having a 17-year-old at home, who knows what they're thinking half the time. 

i would just like everyone to know that i am in the building, and if Boogie Fland commits to the University of Kentucky this afternoon, you will see him receive a classic Shawn Michaels Sweet-Chin-Music from the big boot of Rick just seconds after revealing his decision.

- Barrel Rick, 2023

Edited by Barrel Rick

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

How do we know 100 percent he isn't coming? I missed that part

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Trilly, Rabby has said it, Peegs isn’t even previewing the announcement now, and it’s just gotten out. It’s UK.