Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Next assistant coach

Things can change quickly but sounds like everyone is bought-in and certainly sticking around for next season. Good to hear and glad Walsh is getting his opportunity. Now can he translate his 40% 3pt shooting onto our guys? Please

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I guess so.  I mean getting Gabe Cupps is a nice get and all but he's lower level top 100 kid.  I always hear people propping him up that he was going to leave to take a gig so I guess there's that.  Do we want to contend for 5 star kids or try to win with the right 4 star guys?  I think this goes to answer that question.  Then Ya?  

I would prefer we loaded up on 4 stars, transfers, and the occasional 5 star. Teams full of 5 stars aren’t going to be realistic for us and that’s fine. 

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

I would prefer we loaded up on 4 stars, transfers, and the occasional 5 star. Teams full of 5 stars aren’t going to be realistic for us and that’s fine. 

The goal should be to build what Duke has this season or what Villanova is doing, or Kansas, or North Carolina under Williams. Getting 4 and 5 star kids that stick around and still add top notch talent every year. 

Is anyone, other than me, concerned with Walsh’s lack of assistant coaching and recruiting experience.  I understand he did a good job on recruiting Cupps, but recruiting 1 top 100 player doesn’t qualify you to have a major role in recruiting and assist in coaching.  I know he’s got to learn this role sooner or later but not at a major D1, power 5 conference program.  I’m afraid it’s going to put a lot of pressure on Kenya and Ya on the recruiting role.

Thoughts!

32 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Is anyone, other than me, concerned with Walsh’s lack of assistant coaching and recruiting experience.  I understand he did a good job on recruiting Cupps, but recruiting 1 top 100 player doesn’t qualify you to have a major role in recruiting and assist in coaching.  I know he’s got to learn this role sooner or later but not at a major D1, power 5 conference program.  I’m afraid it’s going to put a lot of pressure on Kenya and Ya on the recruiting role.

Thoughts!

No.  Because you have two other coaches familar with recruiting.  You have to build.  He's the grasshopper (for those of you old enought to get the Kung Fu reference).  

18 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

No.  Because you have two other coaches familar with recruiting.  You have to build.  He's the grasshopper (for those of you old enought to get the Kung Fu reference).  

Sensei, all can know good, as good, only because there is evil’

Modern variant —

“All can know titles in basketball, as IU, only because there is PU”

I knew there was more to this story than meets the eye.  According to this article the stuff everyone is saying about Fife isn’t necessarily true and he deserves better than that.  I knew they were rumors and now those rumors may cause severe damage to his coaching career because Mike Woodson’s ego got in the way and he wanted to send a message loud and clear that Dane Fife was fired instead of taking the high road.  Yes, he handled it totally wrong and instead of closing the gap with fans and former players, he just made it much wider because he wanted to let everyone know he’s in charge.  (Imagine a face palm emoji)

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/opinion-whatever-the-details-iu-could-have-handled-dane-fife-situation-better/

9 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I knew there was more to this story than meets the eye.  According to this article the stuff everyone is saying about Fife isn’t necessarily true and he deserves better than that.  I knew they were rumors and now those rumors may cause severe damage to his coaching career because Mike Woodson’s ego got in the way and he wanted to send a message loud and clear that Dane Fife was fired instead of taking the high road.  Yes, he handled it totally wrong and instead of closing the gap with fans and former players, he just made it much wider because he wanted to let everyone know he’s in charge.  (Imagine a face palm emoji)

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/opinion-whatever-the-details-iu-could-have-handled-dane-fife-situation-better/

Glad you agree with the writers opinion which he clearly says is his opinion of the situation.  Doesn’t mean other people are going to take his opinion as fact.