Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Next assistant coach

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

This is where i am popular or not. Fife apparently did something(s) wrong, but Woodson has what to me is a kind of troubling stubborn i know better than you streak. Put down the ego a bit and hire experience on your college bench — and i’m one who believes Woodson is on the right path for IU, but that’s an area he’d be better off recognizing 

So this is becomming more an more true.  I beleive Woodson saw the specualation of Fife as coach in waiting as a distraction to the program.  And since he wasn't listening to the college guys, he fixed the problem.  The fact that he isn't using Mata for his knowledge is a concern.  The problem with the NBA guys is they have to learn the college game.   It may take a while.   

So if you're a potential assistant, do you have some reservations?   Especially if your a good one.  

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

So this is becomming more an more true.  I beleive Woodson saw the specualation of Fife as coach in waiting as a distraction to the program.  And since he wasn't listening to the college guys, he fixed the problem.  The fact that he isn't using Mata for his knowledge is a concern.  The problem with the NBA guys is they have to learn the college game.   It may take a while.   

So if you're a potential assistant, do you have some reservations?   Especially if your a good one.  

I have concerns as fan. Why have Matta on staff if he isn’t being utilized? That’s negligence. Why have assistants if they aren’t being listened to? Why have stats if they are being ignored?

5 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I have concerns as fan. Why have Matta on staff if he isn’t being utilized? That’s negligence. Why have assistants if they aren’t being listened to? Why have stats if they are being ignored?

I don’t know.  But surprisingly that’s a downfall of a lot of coaches — insecurity maybe.  It’s like the guy driving around who won’t ask for directions who thinks it makes him less of a man.  If it’s true, woody wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last.  

7 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

This is incredibly speculative. 

1 hour ago, Honkyman said:

jimsorgi: "The fact that he isn't using Mata for his knowledge is a concern."

When was this "fact" established and by whom? This post is specious speculation.

Rabjohns said so much on the radio.  

And it constitutes fact because somebody else says it on the radio? And you believe everything you hear on the radio? If that is what he actually said. Based on the rest of your comments, you are not a particularly reliable source.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also don't think this will take long.

And it shouldn't.  High school seasons in many states have already ended or will by the end of this month and AAU events are already getting underway.  Need a full staff to hit the bricks running.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And it shouldn't.  High school seasons in many states have already ended or will by the end of this month and AAU events are already getting underway.  Need a full staff to hit the bricks running.

This is exactly why the move had to be made now and not let Dane look around. With only 3 assistants on the road, you can't have one of them working against you. 

34 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My guesses are Brian Walsh, Drew Adams, Keith Smart, long shots AJ Moye and Cody Zeller

Also don't think this will take long. As it has been said people would have been surprised if Fife was kept so they have been looking for his replacement

I think Drew Adams is the favorite at this point. 

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Can’t start working AAU events until April 7th due to the dead period. There is HS recruiting via communication and the portal that needs to be done so they do need to get this wrapped up but there is a little time before AAU stuff starts.

1 minute ago, ap2345 said:

Can’t start working AAU events until April 7th due to the dead period. There is HS recruiting via communication and the portal that needs to be done so they do need to get this wrapped up but there is a little time before AAU stuff starts.

If for some reason we haven't hired someone yet, Walsh can go on the road.