Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IUBB Players in the Portal/Draft Exploratory Status

Tough, but needed.  

Phin always seems so close. His shot looks good, just doesn’t go in enough.  He has a tendency to pound the ball.  Very solid defensively. Sometimes good at driving. Wouldn’t be shocked if it clicked for him as a transfer and he makes an impact.  But, with Bates, JHS, and hopefully X, we should be Gucci at Guard.

Just now, Trish said:

TJD = NBA

Race = Wants to win at a big program, so he'll transfer

Logan - Forced out

The reason isnt overly relevant.. but I'd say those 3 would be the most likely. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Tough, but needed.  

Phin always seems so close. His shot looks good, just doesn’t go in enough.  He has a tendency to pound the ball.  Very solid defensively. Sometimes good at driving. Wouldn’t be shocked if it clicked for him as a transfer and he makes an impact.  But, with Bates, JHS, and hopefully X, we should be Gucci at Guard.

1/3 has somewhat proven themselves. If that's who we have at guard I hope X is putting them through the ringer this summer with great leadership to have them ready for the rigors of Big 1.o basketball next season. There is a ton of potential there but will need to do somethings that haven't been done at IU for awhile.

23 minutes ago, incrediboy said:

I won't be surprised if he decides to stay. He might just want to be courted a little.

I know nothing more than anybody else -- but I just cannot see this happening.

My guess is he's ready for something different, or that when Woody laid out what he sees happening next year for Rob (probably an even more diminished role than this past season), he decided to move on. Last year was a little different, with Woody just coming aboard and so many in the transfer portal, but my guess is now that he's been around for a year, if you're in the portal, you're leaving. 

I just sorta hope that after all he's been through, Rob had the option to stay if he wanted -- and that he wasn't "forced" out. 

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Tough, but needed.  

Agreed, every offseason I was so hopeful he would finally put it all together. Unfortunately, it never quite happened but some great memories, and I will always think fondly of him.

5 minutes ago, Trish said:

Race = Wants to win at a big program, so he'll transfer

I get what you're saying and I'm not directing this at you specifically, but....

Daily/weekly/monthly/whatever reminder to anyone who needs to hear it that Indiana basketball is, indeed, a big program. 

It's also worth noting that we weren't that far off from the kind of winning he might be hoping for. Unless he's determined to try to latch on to a national title contender, which will not be guaranteed wherever he were to land. And he could be a very key piece to this (big) program winning next season, at a place he's already familiar with where he knows his teammates and the system already. 

16 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Best of luck Phin! Those big shots against Butler and purdoodoo were special. You repped the uni well.

Wherever you go I hope you finally get the Arch confidence voodoo monkey off your back and reach your potential!

Don't forget the U of 6 bomb!

2 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

So what’s the portal rule now? Grad transfers are immediately eligible, but do underclassmen need to sit a year again or is it still immediate eligibility for everyone? 

Grad transfer = play immediately

1st time transfer (non-grad transfer) = play immediately

don't fit either of those two = old transfer rules apply

19 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I get what you're saying and I'm not directing this at you specifically, but....

Daily/weekly/monthly/whatever reminder to anyone who needs to hear it that Indiana basketball is, indeed, a big program. 

It's also worth noting that we weren't that far off from the kind of winning he might be hoping for. Unless he's determined to try to latch on to a national title contender, which will not be guaranteed wherever he were to land. And he could be a very key piece to this (big) program winning next season, at a place he's already familiar with where he knows his teammates and the system already. 

Just ask A Franklin. Transferred to UVA, playing in NIT while IU made the tourney 

9 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

Grad transfer = play immediately

1st time transfer (non-grad transfer) = play immediately

don't fit either of those two = old transfer rules apply

That is why Miller Kopp I believe will be here next year. He used his COVID transfer and he won't graduate from IU till December. So unless he is forced to leave he can't go anywhere. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

That is why Miller Kopp I believe will be here next year. He used his COVID transfer and he won't graduate from IU till December. So unless he is forced to leave he can't go anywhere. 

That was my belief too, but another site I was told he used his grad transfer last season to get here....so I am now confused.