Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) PF - Derik Queen to Maryland

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So just to be clear, "the winds have shifted towards Indiana" justified his post on 12/5, when he goes on to later acknowledge "As for a timeline, I don't believe we'll see it wrapped up before Christmas or even the new year"? Thanks for the breaking news, Walter Cronkite. Here is a bold prediction worthy of a Twitter post: I heard from someone at a Taco Bell, or a Dairy Queen, or maybe it was the drive-thru at a Chick-fil-a that Queen will or won't announce he is maybe, possibly, going to attend a university in Indiana, or maybe the midwest, or maybe somewhere else in America, and will or won't announce it today, or tomorrow, or possibly sometime in the future, if the future actually exists. #TimeIsAFlatCircle

Matthew Mc Conaughey Time GIF - Matthew Mc Conaughey Time Flat GIFs

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nothing like a little click-bait on a Friday afternoon to kick off Hanukkah.

18 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

IMG_1527.thumb.png.604e3cb292cbc1a10492ac76241bd762.png
I don't think it's clickbait. 

Queen would be a great "get" for Woody, but the drama around all of these teenagers and their self-aggrandizing is too much for me (yeah, I'm old). I'm fine with something happening sooner (or later), but no more plane tracking for me... been burned several times... wake me when it's over.

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Queen would be a great "get" for Woody, but the drama around all of these teenagers and their self-aggrandizing is too much for me (yeah, I'm old). I'm fine with something happening sooner (or later), but no more plane tracking for me... been burned several times... wake me when it's over.

With some of the recruits (like what's-his-face that just committed to Rutgers) I would agree with you.

Queen? No so much. He and his family have been very quiet during his recruitment. It's not his fault that other people follow every move closely, make claims that he's close to committing,  claim to know the school that leads, etc. I also can't fault him for taking his time to make what is a very big decision in his life.  To me, taking his time on the decision and keeping his process quiet actually shows some maturity. 

38 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Daily Hoosier is Mike Schumann. He always keeps his powder dry. Him and Chronic Hoosier both sticking their necks out?

Damn that’s good to see.

I don’t remember either doing so last time with DQ so I am hopeful 

43 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Daily Hoosier is Mike Schumann. He always keeps his powder dry. Him and Chronic Hoosier both sticking their necks out?

Damn that’s good to see.

Yes it is. And you’re right about Mike. He is very careful. 

1 hour ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I wouldn't call it self-aggrandizing.  If I post things about myself on facebook/twitter/instagram, no one cares and no one calls it self-aggrandizing.  The only difference is that people care where high rated high school players play at the next level.  It's not self promotion just because people are interested in what you do.

It sounds promising, but so did fland.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk