Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I want Stevens to come here because he would make us a contender but I really want him to come here to shut up Goodman and his ilk.

Sorry Scott. There's nothing, and no one that is going to shut up the press other than God.

Prayer might help...

8 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Whatever gives him fodder for his mouth... remember, his kind make their money being contrarians and know-it-alls, and stirring the pot.

Dan said he wants Stevens to be the head coach.  He’s really been the only one spewing the truth about IU since September 10, 2000.

I share a lot of all of your enthusiasm in getting Stevens. But there are so many things that can still throw a wrench into this right up to the minute of the formal announcement.

No inside info here, just life experiences in negotiating contracts, offers, promises, etc.

What really makes me feel good is that IU is trying its darnedest to get the best guy possible. And even if it's plan B, I'll still be elated. 

10 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I just want it over with, I have so much nervous energy right now!

I can't imagine how hard it is for you and Chris to not just spill all the details on here. (Fully respect and glad you aren't) but I'm sure it's difficult. 

1 minute ago, DWB said:

I share a lot of all of your enthusiasm in getting Stevens. But there are so many things that can still throw a wrench into this right up to the minute of the formal announcement.

No inside info here, just life experiences in negotiating contracts, offers, promises, etc.

What really makes me feel good is that IU is trying its darnedest to get the best guy possible. And even if it's plan B, I'll still be elated. 

You got that right.  They swung hard at the fast ball and looks like it’s almost out of the park only issue is if it turns out to be foul or not. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I can't imagine how hard it is for you and Chris to not just spill all the details on here. (Fully respect and glad you aren't) but I'm sure it's difficult. 

If I’m being honest, I don’t have any more details other than the names that told me. Probably stupidly I share everything, right or wrong.

1 minute ago, Varsity Villas 253 said:

Dan said he wants Stevens to be the head coach.  He’s really been the only one spewing the truth about IU since September 10, 2000.

And Dakich also agrees with some callers wanting him to become the new IU coach. A classic narcissist. But I found he made a lot of good points. 

2 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

You got that right.  They swung hard at the fast ball and looks like it’s almost out of the park only issue is if it turns out to be foul or not. 

Do you think the ball is nearing the third base line or just saying there's always the lingering chance since it hasn't been announced?

15 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Rewatching the 2010 title game, Butler was such a tough team

Had the pleasure of watching HS basketball recently with Matt Howard (Butler) and his brother. They were laughing about a play during one of the tournament runs (dont remember which game) where Matt got tangled with a guy and ended up taking 3-4 defenders down in the lane and Heyward drove for an uncontested layup.

10 minutes ago, Varsity Villas 253 said:

Not sure that I'd go that far. The man is a legend in his own mind... and nowhere else