Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Yeah I’m finding it hard to believe Indiana is paying the football coach $5 million and the basketball coach $6-7 million.

Money is falling from the top of Briscoe I suppose! 

A successful football program would basically be the equivalent of money falling from the top of Briscoe. We have so much untapped earning potential there. I don’t know about $7 million, but if we’re paying our football coach $5 million I can’t see us paying our basketball coach less than that. We’re a basketball school. We’ll always be a basketball school. I expect our next coach’s salary to reflect that. We’re not getting a top guy to come here by offering Archie’s salary. 

1 hour ago, wirenuts said:

or the person whose name is on assembly hall is paying the buyout portion in full to move the needle towards a new coach

And the person whose name is on the practice facility is paying the first 4 years of the new coach.  Final Fours pays the rest

18 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

Crean is making 3.2M at Georgia. 

Yup, but nobody will offer AM that IMO. 3.2 is top 20 or 25 pay. 

I was surprised UGA gave Crean that, but I can understand why they did. And Crean's resume is better than AM.

9 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

Missed this.

Sure, IU back channels to agents. But for the most part it remains agents- but better believe those agents have a feel for where their client is at. My assumption is it remains that way due to the coaching fraternity and it's kinda unwritten rules.

So, yeah, donors aren't going in completely blind- and will sure let their opinion be known as they cut any type of check. 

Thanks for touching on this. I figured it would look something like this. 

Also football success the next 3-4 years would pay for the rest.
I know this is the basketball forum and I love what tom Allen has done with the football program and did deserve a raise because our program has been trash since forever but am I the only one who is concerned about the fact we still haven't won a bowl game and alot of things fell our way to have a good season last year? I am expecting to be relatively disappointed this season and won't be one bit surprised.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I know this is the basketball forum and I love what tom Allen has done with the football program and did deserve a raise because our program has been trash since forever but am I the only one who is concerned about the fact we still haven't won a bowl game and alot of things fell our way to have a good season last year? I am expecting to be relatively disappointed this season and won't be one bit surprised.

You shouldn’t be surprised at all. I think we got a pretty good look at what to expect watching the bowl game.

I don’t think you can continue to bring in players barley recruited and make that a consistent winner. This has been a special group but he needs to start bringing in higher rated recruits to maintain anything good

You shouldn’t be surprised at all. I think we got a pretty good look at what to expect watching the bowl game.
I don’t think you can continue to bring in players barley recruited and make that a consistent winner. This has been a special group but he needs to start bringing in higher rated recruits to maintain anything good
Thanks glad I am not the only one. Lots to be concerned with but some optimism especially from where we came from. But that bowl game against a team we clearly should have beaten was bad. Pen st win was lucky. I watched every game and have concerns that some fans may be let down. I thought we would be pretty good in basketball but look how that turned out lol

22 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I want a win at nearly all costs guy. Ya know like a calipari, if you know what I’m saying

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Time for Pitino? 

Night Moves in Bloomington approves! 

15 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

I expected to be disappointed in 2020 after the success we had in 2019. I don't think we'll beat Penn State or Michigan this time around, but maybe we get Iowa or Minnesota instead. I guess at some point, we'll have another season that we just aren't satisfied with for one reason or another. 

21 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

This raise will keep other football programs from trying to steal Allen away 

Yeah I agree. Relatively young, very quick turnarounds at both stops, good on the transfer market but immediately a good recruiter of HSers at Arkansas, where that’s probably a better option than it is at Nevada. He employed Jordan Sperber, the Hoop Vision guy, at Nevada.
His pattern at both stops: massive improvement in year one from the recently established historical level of the program, then year two is another step up.

But he’s “weird!” Can’t have a guy who’s weird be our head coach even if he could take us top 10 in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This raise will keep other football programs from trying to steal Allen away 
Who was trash talking you on hsn been looking and can't find anything was going to stick up for you. I agree 100 percent with Allen pay increase just think fans are getting a bit ahead of ourselves

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Thanks glad I am not the only one. Lots to be concerned with but some optimism especially from where we came from. But that bowl game against a team we clearly should have beaten was bad. Pen st win was lucky. I watched every game and have concerns that some fans may be let down. I thought we would be pretty good in basketball but look how that turned out lol

The bowl game was a disaster, but Tuttle was hurt and we didn’t have Penix. Of course, Penix is injury prone so that’s still a concern with him. I’m not sure we’re top 15 or 20 material in a full season, but I’m optimistic we can be an 8 or 9 win team. We’ll get a good idea of where we stand early on. 

23 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

You know I get that we want to get better, but historically I don’t think we’ve had anything this special with our football team.  I understand that we need higher rated recruits to put us over the edge but at the same time this is really the first year that high level out of state recruits  would even hear or consider our program. I get we need to but don’t be surprised if it takes a couple more years.  Maybe we can get one or two top 100 but I wouldn’t expect it this year.