Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

100% correct once dolson hired him I knew we were stunk with him for a long time unless he leaves on his own. But why would he? He gets to golf with his buddy Quinn and gets paid a ton. Life is great for woodson.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

His buyout is chicken feed!

58 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Just saw this now and started listening. Will post anything that stands out. SIAP. 

EDIT: Kinda weird Dolson is doing this pod with 414 followers on x.com. Early impression is that this is an amateur-ish interview. 17 mins in is where it starts to get a little more interesting. Just a softball interview to get talking points out there. Nothing I consider noteworthy. 

Listened to it: and every one is happy and things are going great and making lots of money…Life is good….and why wouldn’t it be.

20 minutes ago, TTT said:

Listened to it: and every one is happy and things are going great and making lots of money…Life is good….and why wouldn’t it be.

The only thing I find particularly interesting about it is the fact that this interview occurred and came out the day after Purdue. 

That tells me Dolson is feeling the tension from the fan base so wanted to get ahead of things and had the comms dept. line up this sort of interview where he can promote the facilities, football hire, give full-throated support of Woody (which he has to do at this point in the season, to expect anything different when asked a question about succession planning on a podcast is silly). Tout his player development, plug TJD, etc. But there is no way this small of a platform would land this high profile of an interview and turnaround a podcast episode same day it was conducted unless the IU comms team expressly approved every aspect of the interview (questions asked/answered, final cut, teaser clips, promo posts on social media ... which touted "Scott Dolson on succession planning." etc.)

Clearly he wanted to get a message out, which IMO is just him doing the PR aspect of his job and not necessarily insight into his actual thinking/planning. If anything, I think one could read between the lines and take this as him trying to take some heat off Woody in the immediate and in the longer run, actually be a small step in proactively managing the framing of any narratives on a potential transition.

Long winded way of me saying, I don't think we actually know anything more after this interview, lol. TLDR probably not worth the listen 

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The only thing I find particularly interesting about it is the fact that this interview occurred and came out the day after Purdue. 

That tells me Dolson is feeling the tension from the fan base so wanted to get ahead of things and had the comms dept. line up this sort of interview where he can promote the facilities, football hire, give full-throated support of Woody (which he has to do at this point in the season, to expect anything different when asked a question about succession planning on a podcast is silly). Tout his player development, plug TJD, etc. But there is no way this small of a platform would land this high profile of an interview and turnaround a podcast episode same day it was conducted unless the IU comms team expressly approved every aspect of the interview (questions asked/answered, final cut, teaser clips, promo posts on social media ... which touted "Scott Dolson on succession planning." etc.)

Clearly he wanted to get a message out, which IMO is just him doing the PR aspect of his job and not necessarily insight into his actual thinking/planning. If anything, I think one could read between the lines and take this as him trying to take some heat of Woody in the immediate and in the longer run, actually be a small step in proactively managing the framing of any narratives on a potential transition.

Long winded way of me saying, I don't think we actually know anything more after this interview, lol. TLDR probably not worth the listen 

I think you’re giving Scott way too much credit. My guess is this has been on the books for a while and he asked for the questions in advance. He’s a glass is always full kind of guy. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I think you’re giving Scott way too much credit. My guess is this has been on the books for a while and he asked for the questions in advance. He’s a glass is always full kind of guy. 

The platform only has like 400 followers, so I guess I see your point in the sense that if Scott actually wanted to get ahead of a narrative he'd probably do the interview with a more notable outlet. I guess it's nice our AD is a kind person and helping these guys out lol

7 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The platform only has like 400 followers, so I guess I see your point in the sense that if Scott actually wanted to get ahead of a narrative he'd probably do the interview with a more notable outlet. I guess it's nice our AD is a kind person and helping these guys out lol

It’s probably one of his buddies kids. Something along those lines or a podcast from the media school.

13 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Eh you'd honestly be surprised how many people are willing to talk on a podcast if you just ask them. I worked for an Indiana one when it was still relatively small and I have people's numbers in my phone that I never thought I would. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It’s probably one of his buddies kids. Something along those lines or a podcast from the media school.

It's still beyond belief to me that Dolson got the job when Pat Kraft was available.  Most inept athletic department in college sports history.

1 minute ago, Kentuckysucks said:

It's still beyond belief to me that Dolson got the job when Pat Kraft was available.  Most inept athletic department in college sports history.

The summer I was around Kraft he was an a$$. But I’m sure he’s matured since then. My pick was Chris Reynolds 

Just now, Chris007 said:

The summer I was around Kraft he was an a$$. But I’m sure he’s matured since then. My pick was Chris Reynolds 

So was Bob Knight.  Nice guys always finish last.  Between IU basketball and football and the Colts we should've learned that long ago.  At least the Colts finally found a fix it seems.

3 hours ago, Hornsby said:

I give us better odds of winning in Mackey or at Michigan State than I do at winning in Madison. Wisconsin owns us period. Heck I remember them taking us down in the btt when we had zeller and were the number one seed.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Yup…on the same token I remember the Gordon / White team lost 62-49 at the Kohl Center. It never happens.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:48 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

ANYONE ELSE.

Even Crean with a defensive coordinator.

Hmmm.

Who knows, but I’m confident it will be a mid major coach with promise, BECAUSE ITS INDIANA, ITS INDIANA.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Bump

3 years and 5 days later

“(Scott) Drew made $3,284,490 in base salary with $1,739,167 in bonuses. Add in a shade more than $100,000 in other income and Drew was paid $5,132,821”
$7 million gets IU a proven winner 
Why would he come here for that? He's sitting pretty as are his grandchildren. He has a good thing in Waco. No chance he comes here to take on this **** show

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

[mention=7879]rcs29[/mention] $7M base + incentives and he could double his earnings. He’s only 53 so assume he has minimum 10 years left in his tank. Don't know if many men in history could turn down $75M+ before retirement 
I understand your logic but he'd be leaving absolute immunity to take on a task that everyone has failed at for 24 years.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

@rcs29 $7M base + incentives and he could double his earnings. He’s only 53 so assume he has minimum 10 years left in his tank. Don't know if many men in history could turn down $75M+ before retirement 

Why would Scott Drew leave a program that he’s built from the ground up the last 20 years and won a title at no less, to come take on this shitshow? The shine this job once had is long gone. We’ve been passed by so many other programs these last 20 years.

"In my 51 years behind this microphone I will say something that I've never said before: I'm embarrassed for this team, and it has nothing to do with the score."

- Don Fischer

yikes! 

Dolson’s going to need a horse tranquilizer to get to sleep tonight. 

We are cursed. I’m officially convinced.