Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

Just now, Treesh said:

If we did indeed offer it to Matta, we're far down on the list I assume.

Thad is mostly around 4-7 on here. If it indeed true, then Beard, Drew, Mussleman have turned Indiana down. 

If all this is true, then we're hiring an Indiana guy. 

I'm going to throw up. 

Trust Scott Dolson.

brad.jpg

1 minute ago, iu eyedoc said:

Tom Allen is 24-25 as a HC, he can't even produce a winning percentage with the top 5% of high school football players in the world and has never won a B1G championship or a bowl game, why did he get an extension?

His resume doesn't stick out at all.

Hey look, I can do it too!!

To be completely fair, Indiana Football is not Indiana Basketball.

Expecting Indiana Football to hire a banner winner is unrealistic, especially a few years ago. 

2 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Tom Allen is 24-25 as a HC, he can't even produce a winning percentage with the top 5% of high school football players in the world and has never won a B1G championship or a bowl game, why did he get an extension?

His resume doesn't stick out at all.

Hey look, I can do it too!!

Sorry, "a percentage is a percentage." Also, Tom Allen doesn't even have a winning record as a coach in the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

If we did indeed offer it to Matta, we're far down on the list I assume.

Thad is mostly around 4-7 on here. If it indeed true, then Beard, Drew, Mussleman have turned Indiana down. 

If all this is true, then we're hiring an Indiana guy. 

I'm going to throw up. 

I think we skipped all of them. My understanding was Woodson always thought he was #2 after Brad but was really disappointed when he learned that we were going with Matta 2nd. I'm just getting part of the story and sharing what I was told. So there is half I'm missing

1 minute ago, Josh said:

If this is true it makes me want Woody.  This would make it seem like he really wants this job while others might have to be talked into it or just want a pay raise.  I want a guy who really wants the job, who will pour everything into it.  Bring on Coach Woodson

Yes he was at Cook a few years ago with Bill and Wayne Radford wanting them to push for him to get the job. It does seem he would walk over broken glass for it. 

Just now, Josh said:

If this is true it makes me want Woody.  This would make it seem like he really wants this job while others might have to be talked into it or just want a pay raise.  I want a guy who really wants the job, who will pour everything into it.  Bring on Coach Woodson

Honestly, he has the potential to be a great recruiter at Indiana. From the state, desire for the position, NBA experience as a player and coach, NBA playoff experience as a coach.  That is a fantastic place to start in terms of a recruiter profile. He actually did better at his NBA stops than the coaches before him. Which says he can coach even a poor roster. 

As far as the Indiana former players, he is my clear cut #1 option. And I think he would be successful. I’m totally open to him being the next coach. 

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes he was at Cook a few years ago with Bill and Wayne Radford wanting them to push for him to get the job. It does seem he would walk over broken glass for it. 

Honestly at this point I’ve talked myself into Woodson so if our alternatives are assistant coaches right now **** it just let Woodson have it

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think we skipped all of them. My understanding was Woodson always thought he was #2 after Brad but was really disappointed when he learned that we were going with Matta 2nd. I'm just getting part of the story and sharing what I was told. So there is half I'm missing

Do you know why we skipped them? I would be incredibly disappointed in Dolson if he didn’t do everything he could to land one of them. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm going to throw up again.

Is Scott old enough to retire? He might want to look into options when this blows up in four years. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Do you know why we skipped them? I would be incredibly disappointed in Dolson if he didn’t do everything he could to land one of them. 

I do not. Just heard from someone who interviewed, who got his info from Dolson. Those were the only names brought up except Stevens of course

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I'm going to throw up again.

Is Scott old enough to retire? He might want to look into options when this blows up in four years. 

Get over the age thing. I get it, you’re a young coach and you will get your shot. IU can’t take a shot at a you g guy after the last experience. Needs to be someone seasoned that can handle this big of a job. This isn’t Penn St basketball. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

How dare Mike Woodson not take completely average teams to winning records in the playoffs! 

Those Knicks teams were stacked! They had Melo and.... uh.... a broken Amare Stoudemire?

How dare you insult Steve Novak like that! He's basically a step-brother to this program.

In all seriousness though, look at this squad. A bunch of knuckleheads and guys multiple years past their primes. The fact they not only were a cohesive team but won 54 games and made it to the conference semi-finals is a complete miracle.

image.png.d3927069187a50c1896da3cb03461403.png

Just now, Treesh said:

Mike ******** Woodson!

Took four years to get the Hawks over .500!

Four years from now we'll be tied for 7th in the B1G with a first round exit in the Big Ten Tourney! 

Sounds familiar. Then we will really just be grasping for straws because how ugly it could get will run away any chance of a decent coach seeing the fan base turn on Woodson.