Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Dana Altman and/or his people has allegedly reached out to IU about the job. 

Hardest pass so far. 2 sexual assault issues, 1 I believe involved multiple players. Alledgedly involved in the Brian Bowen auction. Also likes to recruit the Canadian Prep school circuit, which tend to be diploma mills, thought not as bothered by that. Would be shocked if Dolson wants to wade into that.

13 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

People on Peegs are sending Dolson emails about who to talk to and not talk to for the head coaching job. I love when people waste their time lol 

That part of the fan base is the section that makes us look bad. I'm sure Scott is going to listen...

Whatever offer he made for Stevens should be presented to Oats. Make him turn down 8 mil a year. Thst would be a grand slam walk off HR in game 7 of the NLCS.  If he turns it down, go to Musselman present the same offer. No way he will turn that down. It's what we have to do and we'll be back to being a really really good program.  

Edited by Iubravos

8 minutes ago, Demo said:

Hardest pass so far. 2 sexual assault issues, 1 I believe involved multiple players. Alledgedly involved in the Brian Bowen auction. Also likes to recruit the Canadian Prep school circuit, which tend to be diploma mills, thought not as bothered by that. Would be shocked if Dolson wants to wade into that.

I hadn't heard of the sexual assault issues until tonight after I had posted about him. I'll have to look into those. He might just be using us anyway. 

I have zero clue who the next coach will be. But what I do know is if Indiana gets the right hire, the new coach could easily be the 2nd best coach in the Big Ten and soon maybe the best. Right now Izzo is the top guy (I think we'd all say he's a top 5 coach in college basketball). I'd put Howard at number 2 right now but the jury is still out on him I think. Painter is probably top 25. After that you have a bunch of decent coaches, but none that can lead you to the second weekend and beyond (Holtmann, Gard, Turgeon, Underwood, the Franimal). Piekiel is probably in that group too. I'm stunned the B1G has only one team left but I really thought only Michigan and Illinois had a shot at the Final Four. A lot of overrated coaches. IF Indiana hires one of these guys, they easily become I think a top 3 coach in the B1G (Beard, Beilein, Musselman, Oats, Altman, Drew, Matta, Enfield)

8 hours ago, BGleas said:

Right, but Dakich stayed on even after the season ended until Crean was hired. They need to do this so the program can continue to run for the players. 

But I believe Dan did that because he thought he had a shot at the job, which he did an interview for. 

As of last night, there were two clear front runners in terms of likelihood to be the next coach - Belein and Woodson. I don’t know in what order, I just know it’s more likely it’s one of them than not them. It’s very unlikely at this point that the next coach is a current college assistant. 

If this stretches past this weekend, maybe they get involved with the coach of a team currently still in the tournament. Not sure on that. But don’t be surprised if JB or MW is announced in the next few days even though nothing is decided right now (or at least as of last night). 

4 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

As of last night, there were two clear front runners in terms of likelihood to be the next coach - Belein and Woodson. I don’t know in what order, I just know it’s more likely it’s one of them than not them. It’s very unlikely at this point that the next coach is a current college assistant. 

If this stretches past this weekend, maybe they get involved with the coach of a team currently still in the tournament. Not sure on that. But don’t be surprised if JB or MW is announced in the next few days even though nothing is decided right now (or at least as of last night). 

One could get us to the final four in 4 years.

The other will cause a new coaching search in 4 years. 

6 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

Beilein is a great coach but... am I crazy for wanting Woodson instead? He’s 5 years years younger and doesn’t have that “thugs” comment hanging over him...

I have MAJOR concerns over Beilein’s ability to recruit given how much hate he got from that and basically got ran out of the NBA.

Woodson has coached some of the best players in the NBA and I wonder if he could parlay that experience into getting kids to come.... I don’t know, Beilein is obviously a good hire but his age + recent controversies scare me.

Neither are exactly the top of my list.

7 minutes ago, Nonymouse said:

But we'll take an NBA assistant?

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Beilein is a great coach but... am I crazy for wanting Woodson instead? He’s 5 years years younger and doesn’t have that “thugs” comment hanging over him...

I have MAJOR concerns over Beilein’s ability to recruit given how much hate he got from that and basically got ran out of the NBA.

Woodson has coached some of the best players in the NBA and I wonder if he could parlay that experience into getting kids to come.... I don’t know, Beilein is obviously a good hire but his age + recent controversies scare me.

Neither are exactly the top of my list.

I can't imagine they go this route. Beilein possibly but no chance on Woodson. At least I hope not. I can't see how they don't get one of the top 4 I mentioned with the money they're throwing around. 

2 minutes ago, Treesh said:

One could get us to the final four in 4 years.

The other will cause a new coaching search in 4 years. 

Beilein could get us to the final four in four years and then retire. Which would mean we are still looking for a new coach in four years.