Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

37 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Brad Stevens will be out at Boston within three years. 

Brad needs to be realistic and realize they won’t be winning a championship anytime soon. As soon as Tatum or Brown requests a trade, then that organization is finished. 

8 hours ago, rcs29 said:

Are you working on being a politician? You seem to speak out of both sides of your mouth at the same time. Indiana isn't an elite job........Dolson obviously has a big time hire on the line. It's truly impressive sir.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I am currently the governor of Indiana. 

Just now, Treesh said:

Brad needs to be realistic and realize they won’t be winning a championship anytime soon. As soon as Tatum or Brown requests a trade, then that organization is finished. 

I think he is smart enough to realize that.  The question becomes does he want to stay in the NBA, or go back to college. 

40 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

My list from what I know

1 Brad Stevens

2 Brad Stevens

3 Brad Stevens There have been talks from our people to his and this has gone farther than ever before. I can say that because it's never gone anywhere before. I'm not saying he is going to be the next coach. I'm just saying that we're going to make an offer that he has to think about.

4A Chris Beard

4B Scott Drew

5 Eric Musselman

I don't think we need to go any farther than this

This is good to know.  I was afraid with what he said about the brand of basketball he is looking for that would almost seem to eliminate Beard from consideration?  I’m happy that’s not the case.

6 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

You act like Indiana is a run of the mill program with no success outside of one coach.  The bulk is under one coach, sure, but the same is true for Duke; they still have their legendary coach while we have an admin that refused to get out of the way.

And that search was by Fred Glass, enough said.  Dolson is TBD.

Glass also got us Allen and Teri so he’s not all that bad of an AD.. 

Scott’s career will be completely judged off this. If he wants to win Indiana fans over and for the future, it needs to be a name. A name like Bradley Stevens. 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

If Brad does end up being the guy, any chance he comes to Bloomington to get things rolling before his season is over in Boston? 

The only way I see that happening is if he really does feel like the team has stopped listening to him. Also if he has a younger coach on staff that he knows has a good reputation with the team. He could pass it on to Jay Larranga or someone like that on staff. But I think he would want to finish the season. 

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

If Brad does end up being the guy, any chance he comes to Bloomington to get things rolling before his season is over in Boston? 

I don’t see why not. Boston will be fine without him. They are a second round exit team with or without Brad. 

Maybe he hires a college staff to take over for a few months while he finishes up?

7 minutes ago, Treesh said:

He would drive boosters and the fans crazy. I think we should steer clear of him. 

There’s no way he could be weirder than Crean. We would’ve been perfectly fine with Crean if he could’ve just been consistently good. Musselman has won 75% of his games in college and won his conference three years in a row at Nevada.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, he is a slight possibility. We have never been able to talk to him while he has been in Boston, that has changed this year

Well sheesh, if that's the case I would be backing up an absolute dump truck full of cash and whatever else he wants to get him here.

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

If we were to pull in some NBA coach, currently in the Boston area, when would you expect the announcement to be made?  

I honestly have no idea. We're beyond my abilities. I think you you find out if it is a yes or no first. If it's a yes you ask Brad what he wants to do. 

1 minute ago, Treesh said:

I don’t see why not. Boston will be fine without him. They are a second round exit team with or without Brad. 

Maybe he hires a college staff to take over for a few months while he finishes up?

Yeah that’d be great. If that happened to pan out and be the case, they’d be able to announce that he will be our next coach before the NBA season ended right? 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

But you can't be upset with Scott if he offers Brad 7 years 50 million and he says no. That is taking his shot and just not getting what we want. 

Absolutely! I’m getting my hopes up too much with Brad which is my own fault. But gosh, I’d like to think we don’t get the money to fire Archie without having a really good coach interested. Beard would be fine with me as well. 

This is that 2 days after PowerBall hits over $300 million so you put down $6 and spend a couple days before the drawing dreaming of the possibilities and completely ignoring the odds and reality. 

I’ll say this. Let’s not put ourselves down. We are a Blue Blood. You cannot fake our history. We are prepared to pay actual money, so it’s not like we’re asking for a favor here. We do have relatively low expectations here, and no pending disciplinary junk. And guys, this fan base is freaking incredible. The Twitter trolls are one side of the coin, and the other side is a passionate, knowledgeable, caring fan base that just wants to celebrate their team. Just give us a reason to cheer, and we’ll explode. 

7 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Read an article that said Keith Smart would give Indiana everything it needed in a coach.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Keith Smart played for Eric Musselman in the CBA, Smart would make a great assistant.