Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

9 hours ago, lillurk said:

If he leaves I’d guess it’s to be closer to family.

This might be the biggest thing. He's about to be a new daddy, I'm assuming sometime before next season. I have no clue what the answer is, I have no desire to pry into his personal life, nor am I asking anyone to confirm the answer to this. But where baby mamma and baby are could be the biggest factor of all. 

Sam Griesel (North Dakota State) enters the portal.  I saw him play against South Dakota State in the Summit championship and he was really impressive that game.  He's not great at any one aspect but is very good at a lot of things.

6'6" wing, 220 pound wing, averaged 14.3 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.4 assists this year.  Shot 48%/38%/76%.  One year of eligibilty left.

FWIW, he's already heard from Ohio State, Loyola (Ill), Creighton, Northwestern, Nebraska, Stanford, Penn State, and Colorado State among others.

14 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

'22 PF Julian Phillips has decommitted from LSU.   He was one of the first offers extended after Woody took over as head coach.

I don't recall us making his final list of 8 or 10 or whatever it was. Wonder if the staff will poke around again. Certainly fits a major need.

26 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

I don't recall us making his final list of 8 or 10 or whatever it was. Wonder if the staff will poke around again. Certainly fits a major need.

At first, I thought he was the one that was extremely high on IU, but that was Shawn Philips who was

We're technically oversigned by 3 as it is so the staff has to have a darn good feel that there is a 4th player who will depart before we can start throwing out more offers.   And then we need to make sure that the 4th commit fills a true need and isn't just a shiny toy.  

We're technically oversigned by 3 as it is so the staff has to have a darn good feel that there is a 4th player who will depart before we can start throwing out more offers.   And then we need to make sure that the 4th commit fills a true need and isn't just a shiny toy.  

True but we project to have major weaknesses. I’m sure the staff sees them as well. Likely 2 of our Fresh won’t be major contributors. We need to find 2 contributors.

A shooter and a good big.

Purdue wins today on strength of a big. Auburn as well. Illinois likely at some point. A dominant big grabs you a few wins or more. Race doesn’t really fill that void even if he returns, but we’d love having him. Not confident Sparks fits.

What has to happen for IU to be a preseason top 25? Is it even possible?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

True but we project to have major weaknesses. I’m sure the staff sees them as well. Likely 2 of our Fresh won’t be major contributors. We need to find 2 contributors.

A shooter and a good big.

Purdue wins today on strength of a big. Auburn as well. Illinois likely at some point. A dominant big grabs you a few wins or more. Race doesn’t really fill that void even if he returns, but we’d love having him. Not confident Sparks fits.

What has to happen for IU to be a preseason top 25? Is it even possible?

To be Top 25 next season? Oscar Tshiebwe, Keegan Murray and Johnny Davis to transfer in. But I'd be okay with seeing Race, Kopp, Stewart leaving. Geronimo is a perfect 4 man in today's college game. Maybe a little undersized but a good motor and super athletic. We just need another big or more shooters. Real shooters. 

To be Top 25 next season? Oscar Tshiebwe, Keegan Murray and Johnny Davis to transfer in. But I'd be okay with seeing Race, Kopp, Stewart leaving. Geronimo is a perfect 4 man in today's college game. Maybe a little undersized but a good motor and super athletic. We just need another big or more shooters. Real shooters. 

On our wish list, we should expect to be preseason top 25 every season at some point. I realize it’s a super steep ask for next season, but we don’t take ourselves seriously if that isn’t our goal.

I’d say TJD returning would maybe get us there, plus X or a similar transfer. If no TJD, I don’t think we can get there this season. That’s the level of talent/success we need to accumulate.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

On our wish list, we should expect to be preseason top 25 every season at some point. I realize it’s a super steep ask for next season, but we don’t take ourselves seriously if that isn’t our goal.

I’d say TJD returning would maybe get us there, plus X or a similar transfer. If no TJD, I don’t think we can get there this season. That’s the level of talent/success we need to accumulate.

Well it should be the goal but there are too many fans who say, "I don't care about rankings," because they don't want to accept how much it can mean. 

We desperately need a wing that can shoot and has length. And then if TJD leaves we need a serviceable big. I think that’s enough to sneak into the tourney again next year. Seriously hope Kopp, Stewart, Durr, Lander, and Phin don’t come back. While I appreciate their contributions, their talent level is easily replaceable. We need a serious talent infusion at the wing spot.

17 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Bates to Rabby to friend who works with Rabby to IU senior to you.....at this point that would be a fourth hand rumor.  Not saying I know anything about it but I hear third or fourth hand rumors all the time that don't happen and aren't true.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

'22 PF Julian Phillips has decommitted from LSU.   He was one of the first offers extended after Woody took over as head coach.

Noticed Brian Walsh liked this announcement