Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Basketball/TransferPortal/

247 is usually the best place to track the portal. I'll add this link way back to the first page if anyone needs to find it quickly.

Edit: looks like Verbal Commits is more updated

https://www.verbalcommits.com/transfers/2022

On 7/8/2021 at 5:43 PM, brumdog45 said:

'Huge loss' is a relative term.  He was Nebraska's third leading scorer and even coming off the bench he was getting his minutes.  Walker has been healthy before.....at Tennessee, where he was nothing more than bench fodder.  The guy they added is basically the Tamar Bates that we added........as a freshman, I think IU is certainly counting on him to be a contributor but Nebraska needs their five star to be a focal point on offense.  

The Big Ten will be down next year, but I would be surprised if Nebraska gets more than 6 or 7 wins in conference.

With their late season charge, Nebraska got to.....three wins.

I'll try not to hurt myself patting myself on the back.   :)

Been mentioned on another post somewhere, but Tyreke Key of Indiana State is in the portal.  6'3" guard, averaged 17.2 points, 5.3 reb, and 2.0 assists per game.  Shot just 32% from three this year, but is a career 37% three point shooter and hit 45% of his threes in 2019-20.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Been mentioned on another post somewhere, but Tyreke Key of Indiana State is in the portal.  6'3" guard, averaged 17.2 points, 5.3 reb, and 2.0 assists per game.  Shot just 32% from three this year, but is a career 37% three point shooter and hit 45% of his threes in 2019-20.

Why so low this year? Higher usage rate?

I kind of have been watching these games scouting players hoping to see players in case they enter the portal.  One guy from a mid major I have seen do far is a 6'10 big from Morehead State. He scored 30 points in the conference championship loss to Murray State.  For the year he averaged 16.8pts,10.7rebs and 3.9 blocks.  He seems like the type of kid who might want to try a higher level.

17 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Just for clarity, he didn’t play this year due to shutting it down before the season for a shoulder surgery. If you ask the Indiana State diehards, they swear that he’s already heading to Clemson (former ISU assistant on staff) or Wake. ISU’s coach has publicly stated he believes that there were programs in his ear well before entering the portal. Odd situation. All that to say, there’s a better than zero chance he’s never really been on the market. 

21 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Just for clarity, he didn’t play this year due to shutting it down before the season for a shoulder surgery. If you ask the Indiana State diehards, they swear that he’s already heading to Clemson (former ISU assistant on staff) or Wake. ISU’s coach has publicly stated he believes that there were programs in his ear well before entering the portal. Odd situation. All that to say, there’s a better than zero chance he’s never really been on the market. 

Sorry, missed that those stats were from 2020-21.

I kind of have been watching these games scouting players hoping to see players in case they enter the portal.  One guy from a mid major I have seen do far is a 6'10 big from Morehead State. He scored 30 points in the conference championship loss to Murray State.  For the year he averaged 16.8pts,10.7rebs and 3.9 blocks.  He seems like the type of kid who might want to try a higher level.

I’ve watched him play live twice because my son goes to Morehead. Broome is in his 2nd year. Had a solid 1st year as well. He’s from FL. He would most certainly be a nice pickup

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Caught Broome against Xavier early in the year and he had a nice game. Struck me as a lesser version of, but similar to, Trayce. Lefty. Long. Strictly a low post scorer. Physical. Good hands. Not a great athlete. Had a couple of blocks based more on timing than explosiveness. Certainly wouldn’t be hard to define his role. 

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Caught Broome against Xavier early in the year and he had a nice game. Struck me as a lesser version of, but similar to, Trayce. Lefty. Long. Strictly a low post scorer. Physical. Good hands. Not a great athlete. Had a couple of blocks based more on timing than explosiveness. Certainly wouldn’t be hard to define his role. 

Not in the same universe of quickness as Trayce, but looks pretty good on a ten foot face up jumper.

Great motor and long. I think he could play well on a P5 team.

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

The two games I saw him he hit like 4 shots from 15 feet

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ball State big man Payton Sparks has entered the transfer portal. Averaged 13.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists this season.

Would not be opposed to exploring this one a bit. Kid has great feet. 

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Ball State big man Payton Sparks has entered the transfer portal. Averaged 13.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists this season.

https://www.on3.com/news/ball-state-freshman-transfer-payton-sparks-has-plenty-of-early-suitors/

IU, among many others, has reached out.