Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Worth mentioning with Caleb Love how resentment over NIL and rumors of players sleeping with other players' ex girlfriends played a role in locker room turmoil at UNC.

Not sure what Love had to do with any of that, but maybe this is a case where change of scenery will do wonders. 

Looking at the list of guys IU is going after IMO IU (IF they are serious about being very good next year) HAS to land one of: Knecht, Love, or Reeves. Or another top 50 guard/wing that enters the portal such as a Johnell Davis. I'll take Battle but he's more of a 4 right? 

14 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Out of Ware, Shedrick, or Ledlum who would the staff prioritize the most?

I think we would take two out of the 3. Ledium & one other. He seems like a different player than those two.

38 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

(1) It’s not like “I can get you to the NBA” is some unique that Woodson has that other coaches don’t. 

(2) none of Woodson’s players have actually played in the NBA yet. 

(3) JHS was a 5 star recruit and largely is a projected first rounder of potential. His actual numbers this year weren’t great. 13.5 ppg on a really inefficient 49% TS. It’s not like he turned some diamond in the rough into a pro. Did Archie “get Romeo to the NBA”? I mean, one of the coaches you mentioned has a top 5 projected pick. Muss has a projected lottery pick. 

He’s been a medicine recruiter thus far.  “I’ll get you to the NBA” isn’t a magic potion Woodson has in the back of his pocket. 

I guess reading is a skill.  That's what he has to sell.  As I said, don't know if it plays or not.  But is certainly doesn't take long to "sell" it.  It's not like he can talk Fortnight or tick tok with these kids.  He can do it and golf at the same time.  

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

IU contacted Girard and he told us to get lost.

https://twitter.com/MikeWatersSYR/status/1640050320855146497?s=20

Strange list that Girard has on teams he has at home or zoom visits with....Florida, LSU, Butler, and Stanford.  All of those places had losing records this past season and probably aren't likely to make any national noise next year.  Probably looking to continue to get shots.

25 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think if we are filling all 5 spots...

Already have Sparks..

Other 4 though...

Caleb Love

Jamison Battle

Kedin Shedrick

Joe Girard

Don't we have 2 comming in?  So it's only 3 slots available.  I'm bad at math.  

7 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Worth mentioning with Caleb Love how resentment over NIL and rumors of players sleeping with other players' ex girlfriends played a role in locker room turmoil at UNC.

Not sure what Love had to do with any of that, but maybe this is a case where change of scenery will do wonders. 

It's incredible how often these rumors make their rounds any time a team struggles.  Ask Romeo Langford.

Let's just say I would consider most them urban myths.  

26 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

When did they go to a final four

Alabama was a number 1 seed.  "Just one player away.  As soon as you (fill in the blank here) sign, we'll be set."   

Don't overcomplicate the point.  The young coaches have what they have to sell.  Woody has what he has.   It's that simple.     

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

It's incredible how often these rumors make their rounds any time a team struggles.  Ask Romeo Langford.

Let's just say I would consider most them urban myths.  

I don’t.  In a group of 15 or so 18-22 year olds I would be shocked if there isn’t sleeping with their girlfriends or ex girlfriends. Hell I would say there’s a decent chance of it with 15 people in their 30s

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I have not listened to it but supposedly Tyler Hansborugh said on the field of 68 podcast that Love was always in the gym getting shots up. He also said he was the only starter who voted to play in the NIT

That's why I don't get the so called rumors of Love's 'attitude' problems.  When I saw North Carolina play this past year, Love did take a lot of shots....mainly because there was no movement on offense and half the time it didn't even look like there were any play calls.  I keep going back to how different of a player Pete Nance looked when he left Northwestern and went to North Carolina.