Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm still a bit sour about all of it.  

We've got tons of work to do to make ourselves relevant.  I'm not convinced its going to happen.  Let's see how this money spends..

Sparks is a feelgood story that might workout great.  I mean, what can you really expect if you are recruiting a transfer big that's likely slotted into the backup spot to begin with with a chance to earn more.  So it makes sense.  Good for him, good for us.  

BUT we need so much to be something more than and hope and a dream.  

Some of these transfer options are just bleh.  Was really hoping the staff had 2 or 3 aces up their sleeve but it's looking more like that isn't the case. 

I feel pretty good about Shedrick for some reason.  

But in general if you take a middling bench, with middling recruits, and middling transfers you are likely to expect middling results.  

OK let's pump some sunshine so Dr. Grump can turn his frown upside down.  LOL

Yeah are you ever content unless we’re getting 5 stars lol

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We've got tons of work to do to make ourselves relevant.  I'm not convinced its going to happen.  Let's see how this money spends..

Sparks is a feelgood story that might workout great.  I mean, what can you really expect if you are recruiting a transfer big that's likely slotted into the backup spot to begin with with a chance to earn more.  So it makes sense.  Good for him, good for us.  

Some of these transfer options are just bleh.  Was really hoping the staff had 2 or 3 aces up their sleeve but it's looking more like that isn't the case. 

But in general if you take a middling bench, with middling recruits, and middling transfers you are likely to expect middling results.  

It’s so hard to tell where the diamonds are, but both diamonds and lumps of coal are out there.

Jalen Pickett and Markquis Nowell were no different going into the portal statistically than many we’re seeing. They both averaged less at Siena/Ark LR, than at Penn St/K State tournament teams. But many with those numbers were not that special.

Evals matter a ton.

4 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Yeah are you ever content unless we’re getting 5 stars lol

depends on the roster and the player, so yes.  I like Timberlake, Shedrick, Ware, Battle, Knect (sp?), Ike (that kid going to Alabama) and a few others.

Most of our staff evaluations and development have been lacking (ESPECIALLY in the Archie years, and Woodson TBD) so yeah, I like the talent that jumps off the page.  

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Listen to Aaron Rodgers Relax, the college basketball season isn't even over yet.  You seem like a guy who can never see the positive side if anything.

50 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I also wonder how the guys we are after transform the roster such that Woody can coach 4 out 1 in as he has said he prefers. 

54 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I'm far from the most optimistic person, too many times I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel to be an oncoming train, but let's let the portal play out before we ready the cannons.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Just my opinion, but I think Battle and Love both end up at Indiana.  Sparks, Battle, and Love and if there is another or two they would be developmental or perhaps a spot shooter or defensive big.

I saw something from 247 (I think) and it said Love's father said there's mutual interest between IU and Caleb.

I'd rather have Knecht though.

11 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'm far from the most optimistic person, too many times I've seen the light at the end of the tunnel to be an oncoming train, but let's let the portal play out before we ready the cannons.

And I will.  I’m hanging on to hope that aces are up sleeves because there is plenty of NIL to put our best foot forward. But some of these portal guys are let’s say underwhelming. 

I’ll never give up the hope.  Us diehards have been through it all.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier