Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

POTFB Game Thread: Indiana Hoosiers vs. Purdue Boilermakers (2/27 at 7PM on FS1)

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Getting this win would be huge on so many levels but unfortunately I expect us to stink up the joint.

It’s my self defense mechanism.

Can we get Sheehey any remaining eligibility to be that dude again?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I'm hoping race Thompson becomes that sheehey type thorn in purdues side

24 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Getting this win would be huge on so many levels but unfortunately I expect us to stink up the joint.

It’s my self defense mechanism.

Can we get Sheehey any remaining eligibility to be that dude again?

I do the same thing. I already have myself convinced that I should expect a game very similar to Purdue playing Iowa a few weeks back. They will hit 38 three pointers, most from near half court. That's just the first half......

Anyway. In all seriousness I don't like how this game lines up at all. We've got some great momentum, sure. But Purdoo's season is on life support and I have not been able to shake the notion that they have taken this rivalry game more seriously that us over the past several years. They desperately need a win and we kind of don't. I don't like how it lines up at all. 

My bigger fear though is, if we do indeed get run out of the gym, what is our ability to regroup and say, hey we're still in good shape, let's turn the page and move on b/c we still have every opportunity to end this season strong. 

1 hour ago, Bobman1 said:

Love that this thread has been started. Predicted a loss in the thread but for some reason wouldn’t be shocked to see a win. Hoosiers seem to be rolling with some momentum and Purdue is going an opposite direction. POTFB.

Funny, and when Purdue played IU last time, they were on a roll, and IU was spiraling down the drain like a flushed toilet.  IU needs two more wins at least, and would it not be very, very satisfying to get those two wins on the road against Purdue and Illinois?  That would be memorable.  All of these last four games are going to be rough, probably the roughest four game stretch of the year because it is the final stretch.  Let's knock Purdue off tomorrow night, and get that sick monkey off our backs.  It has been far too long.  It is so bad with IU against Purdue right now in basketball that while we have not won a game against Purdue since 2016, more than 4 years ago, we have also lost to Purdue Fort Wayne twice in a row during that streak.  This needs to end right now.  I really want our guys to experience the feeling of beating our rivals, especially at Mackey right now after what they did to us in our house a few weeks ago.

TJD has to be assertive and IU has to play good three point defense. TJD cannot have a game like he did against Michigan and most of the road games this year. If he is assertive and productive, and Purdue doesn't go bonkers from three like they have twice this year at Mackey this will be a game. 

Show up and play with effort, best chance we have had in awhile to get a W in mackey. 

POTFB

2 hours ago, chicagoHOOSIER said:

Funny, and when Purdue played IU last time, they were on a roll, and IU was spiraling down the drain like a flushed toilet.  IU needs two more wins at least, and would it not be very, very satisfying to get those two wins on the road against Purdue and Illinois?  That would be memorable.  All of these last four games are going to be rough, probably the roughest four game stretch of the year because it is the final stretch.  Let's knock Purdue off tomorrow night, and get that sick monkey off our backs.  It has been far too long.  It is so bad with IU against Purdue right now in basketball that while we have not won a game against Purdue since 2016, more than 4 years ago, we have also lost to Purdue Fort Wayne twice in a row during that streak.  This needs to end right now.  I really want our guys to experience the feeling of beating our rivals, especially at Mackey right now after what they did to us in our house a few weeks ago.

I’m actually liking IU’s chances in this game. The tables have turned coming into this matchup. This time, IU is on a winning streak and Purdue is on a losing streak. Beating them this game also pretty much eliminates them from the tournament

Like we almost always do on the road, we're gonna get punched in the mouth. And probably in the first half, we'll be down by 10-15 points.

The $64 thousand question: Do we fight back and make it a game and put ourselves in a position to win, or do we go cry in the corner and end up losing by 20-25?

Man, I wanna say we fight back, but I just don't know ... 

Like we almost always do on the road, we're gonna get punched in the mouth. And probably in the first half, we'll be down by 10-15 points.
The $64 thousand question: Do we fight back and make it a game and put ourselves in a position to win, or do we go cry in the corner and end up losing by 20-25. 
Man, I wanna say we fight back, but I just don't know ... 

It’ll tell us a whole lot about this team. pu is nothing special but they’ll be playing their super bowl at home tomorrow. I’d really like to think the team has turned the corner (mentally) but I’m not sure they have. Hopefully, with all the Indiana kids on this team they’ll start playing hard in this series.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app