Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gahoosierfan

UNC NCAA Infractions Report

I think the misunderstanding here is that the NCAA is impartial. They are not. Unlike the FBI, they have a skin in the game and and their livelihood and many perks hinge on making a lot of money off of student athletes. It's beneficial for them to let this go as quickly as possible and keep the game$ going.

Certain cash cow universities probably are too big to fail in their eyes. I truly believe they realize the are on the downward slope of their product life cycle, and they are looking to ride it out and draw minimal attention so they can make as much as they can before more people start to realize they no longer serve a purpose.

Whether the classes were specifically for athletes is largely immaterial.  Many athletes utilized this to stay eligible.  That, in and of itself, is an impermissible benefit.

What the NCAA should have done is revoked UNC's membership in the NCAA, regardless if they knew it was going to stick or be fought through appeal.

UNC provides academically fraudulent classes to athletes and non-athletes and the NCAA is saying that is not a recruiting advantage for UNC? If the NCAA can’t do anything about this cheating then get a governing body that can.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ive been saying for years never self report. Sampson looks like a choir boy compared to the pitinos and roys of the world. The only way anything happens to arizona and the other three schools will have to come from the fbi. Heck i would not be surprised if ncaa members are taking kickbacks from schools like kentucky to ignore things.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Stu you read far too much into that post. Simply the FBI gets involved because the NCAA proves its incompetence regularly. 

Oh...I agree with you!

It's just frustrating that certain things are incredibly damaging to the game and the toothless NCAA is the only recourse.

I'm guessing tomorrow Cal announces plans to hire people to take the SATs for all his recruits as welll as 3 lucky prospective Kentucky students. 

"We will forge transcripts going forward to remain competitive for prospective recruits and 5 lucky students that want to actually get in to UK. Mainly because you have to be an idiot to go here to begin with and that makes it a legit benefit."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

"We will forge transcripts going forward to remain competitive for prospective recruits and 5 lucky students that want to actually get in to UK. Mainly because you have to be an idiot to go here to begin with and that makes it a legit benefit."

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

A Kentucky High school transcript I imagine is just a paper that says "I is smart". Preferably written in crayon with some backwards letters. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

A Kentucky High school transcript I imagine is just a paper that says "I is smart". Preferably written in crayon with some backwards letters. 

If it's not written in crayon with backwards letters, that's a good sign it's fraudulent.

I knew this would be the outcome but it's still absolutely blasphemous how UNC is getting NOTHING for years of fraud. It doesn't matter if the regular students benefited as well. Basketball players benefited and the program should've been punished. I HATE that school. I'll root for anyone to beat those clowns