Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gahoosierfan

UNC NCAA Infractions Report

I propose we create a department called Athletic Studies. 

Oh Mt Langford we've got you signed up for

Basketball 101

The Art of the 3 pointer 107

History of the the Triangle offense 104

and The NCAA only cares about the Stident part of Student athlete when it comes to not paying them 108

51 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

And to think: We got in trouble because of text messages. TEXT MESSAGES! But apparently, it's OK to create fake classes and give A's and B's to athletes who never went to class, never took a test and never wrote a paper. Well-done, NCAA. 

IU shouldn't have reported and sanctioned themselves; sounds good but gets you nothing.

They may lose a scholarship but thats about it.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

As i said nothing was ever going to happen to them. The ncaa was not goung to touch roy.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Just now, pumpfake said:

I wonder if this will shift the general attitude from UK being the biggest cheating program to UNC?  Worse yet, does it even matter?

Nope. To be fair I think we should probably give Sampson a break now. Considering the scum he was recruiting against. Not his fault we were stupid and self reported. 

We should designate HH as "Indiana Basketball History 101" and award credits to any athletes, students, or future students in attendance.  (Not an original thought - paraphrased from something read elsewhere).

Let me get this straight just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly... UNC officially admits to 18 years of academic wrongdoing, completely pivots from that stance a year later and denies all wrongdoing. Now, after a years-long investigation, because UNC wouldn't come back and admit academic fraud and some Non-athletes were involved in these bogus courses, there is nothing the NCAA can do? What a ******* joke. Seriously. Tyler Hansbrough has a college degree in Swahili for **** sake! How can this happen? Indiana gets nailed to the wall for telling on their idiot coach for making impermissible phone calls and UNC gets NOTHING for 18 years of academic fraud by their student athletes and professors? I cannot believe what I'm reading in the notes from this investigation. The NCAA is a completely bogus association with zero authority and power to do anything about the real scandals going on in college sports.

I need to breathe before I have an aneurism..

UNC provides academically fraudulent classes to athletes and non-athletes and the NCAA is saying that is not a recruiting advantage for UNC? If the NCAA can’t do anything about this cheating then get a governing body that can.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Involved for very different reasons than academic fraud; sadly, the academic fraud part is solely the NCAA's job.

Stu you read far too much into that post. Simply the FBI gets involved because the NCAA proves its incompetence regularly.