Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gahoosierfan

UNC NCAA Infractions Report

9 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

This is worse than the Hookers at Louisville. Yeah that's morally unethical, but an academic institution providing fake classes is worse. It's an academic institution and the fact that fake classes were being provided is absolutely pathetic

I agree 100%.  Beyond the athletic department, I doubt the administration or trustees at UL were aware of and definitely not supportive of those activities.  On the other hand, it certainly appears that the higher ups at UNC are completely fine with providing academically questionable courses.  One might think a conscientious president of a university would self-impose penalties or at least a public rebuke of what was going on.  Yet, it's just go Heels, we're innocent and great!  Disgusting, IMO.

Regardless of what the NCAA does on this issue, UNC as a credible university has taken a hit. We self-reported because we valued our integrity and thought it was the proper thing to do. Integrity matters, even if it puts us at a competitive disadvantage. I don't ever want to see our athletic programs put winning over integrity. I love IU basketball but I love the university and its reputation more.

I knew this would be the outcome but it's still absolutely blasphemous how UNC is getting NOTHING for years of fraud. It doesn't matter if the regular students benefited as well. Basketball players benefited and the program should've been punished. I HATE that school. I'll root for anyone to beat those clowns
Im still shocked people thought the ncaa was bringing the hammer down. The so called investigatoon was a shame. They knew this outcome a year ago.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This is worse than the Hookers at Louisville. Yeah that's morally unethical, but an academic institution providing fake classes is worse. It's an academic institution and the fact that fake classes were being provided is absolutely pathetic
Roy jusy took arizonas money boy recruit. Im sure the ncaa is not interested in that though.

16 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Roy jusy took arizonas money boy recruit. Im sure the ncaa is not interested in that though.

No they're only interested in phone calls and bumper stickers

2 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

Ive been saying for years never self report. Sampson looks like a choir boy compared to the pitinos and roys of the world. The only way anything happens to arizona and the other three schools will have to come from the fbi. Heck i would not be surprised if ncaa members are taking kickbacks from schools like kentucky to ignore things.

They already are taking kickbacks. One of those arrested previous employer was the ncaa, and his job was enforcement. If he's taking money now, he probably took it then. I would love to see the almighty ncaa implicated in the fbi investigation and blow them right out of Indy.  This UNC is proof they only cash checks.

They already are taking kickbacks. One of those arrested previous employer was the ncaa, and his job was enforcement. If he's taking money now, he probably took it then. I would love to see the almighty ncaa implicated in the fbi investigation and blow them right out of Indy.  This UNC is proof they only cash checks.
I think thats the real dirty little secret the ncaa is hiding. Id love one of these coaches say they bribbed the ncaa. You know its going on.

I was an undergrad when Sean May graduated from Bloomington.  In Bloomington he rode a crappy car. When I went to law school at UNC, I saw him driving a $55,000 SUV.  Guys if the FBI  news is real(the fact that it’s just the start), it’s just a matter time when someone leaks about UNC. Right now we’ve all been justified (and the nation) and in the back of their pee brains they know they cheated.  As far as I’m concerned anything they win or have won is void.  They have to live with people questioning their legitimacy their entire lives. Let them live in their fake world, we all know the truth and I’m proud of our program for taking the higher road.  

I was an undergrad when Sean May graduated from Bloomington.  In Bloomington he rode a crappy car. When I went to law school at UNC, I saw him driving a $55,000 SUV.  Guys if the FBI  news is real(the fact that it’s just the start), it’s just a matter time when someone leaks about UNC. Right now we’ve all been justified (and the nation) and in the back of their pee brains they know they cheated.  As far as I’m concerned anything they win or have won is void.  They have to live with people questioning their legitimacy their entire lives. Let them live in their fake world, we all know the truth and I’m proud of our program for taking the higher road.  
They will get roy one day. He just may be retired by then is all but hes a slimeball.

I was listening to Bomani Jones on the drive back from the South today. He made an interesting point.

The NCAA exists to keep "student" athletes from getting paid.

The NCAA was looking to win a press conference and instead failed miserably. With several recent "investigations" and the FBI doing they're thing the NCAA realizes it's only a matter of time. They'll hang on as long as they can but they're on their way out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I was listening to Bomani Jones on the drive back from the South today. He made an interesting point.

The NCAA was looking to win a press conference and instead failed miserably. With several recent "investigations" and the FBI doing they're thing the NCAA realizes it's only a matter of time. They'll hang on as long as they can but they're on their way out.

More than keeping 'amateurism', its about keeping the athletic departments and the schools themselves tax exempt. The Power 5 schools have been in an arms race with facilities and upgrades since major TV money has come in so its not like they're shy about spending the revenues they get. I still think that the Olympic model is the future for collegiate sports. Before professionals were officially allowed in, the likes of the Soviet Union and other communist countries would disguise their pro athletes as soldiers or students to keep their amateur status. 

Allow the elite players to get compensated for their current abilities or their future potential from outside endorsements. For 99% of the athletes playing in college, they won't ever sniff any benefits/money aside from what a scholarship allows. For the recognizable football, basketball, and Olympic heroes(i.e. Lilly King), let them take advantage of whatever opportunities are presented to them while they're in the public eye. 

P.S. I would laugh forever if I saw a local billboard or TV spot with MSB.

The ncaa is beyond corrupt

It seems as if we are finding out that top recruits are getting paid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app