Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Gahoosierfan

UNC NCAA Infractions Report

The NCAA was supposed to release its report last Friday Oct 6. They have delayed it because of scheduling concerns. UNC was set to begin a multi billion dollar fundraising campaign on the 6th so the NCAA delayed the report. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign for them. It seems the NCAA didn't want to put a damper on their campus activities related to the kick off of the fundraiser. So this may mean bad news for UNC. 

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article177205461.html

27 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

The NCAA was supposed to release its report last Friday Oct 6. They have delayed it because of scheduling concerns. UNC was set to begin a multi billion dollar fundraising campaign on the 6th so the NCAA delayed the report. I don't know if this is a good or bad sign for them. It seems the NCAA didn't want to put a damper on their campus activities related to the kick off of the fundraiser. So this may mean bad news for UNC. 

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article177205461.html

UNC claimed they were not given a supposed required 24 hour notice of the release, hence the honored request to delay the announcement. 

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

UNC claimed they were not given a supposed required 24 hour notice of the release, hence the honored request to delay the announcement. 

Hopefully they know they're getting the hammer and just wanted more time to write a whiner's excuse press release.

Hopefully they know they're getting the hammer and just wanted more time to write a whiner's excuse press release.

Their fans truly believe they are getting ready to get hard and the university will sue based on the NCAA overstepping their boundaries.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Their fans truly believe they are getting ready to get hard and the university will sue based on the NCAA overstepping their boundaries.

I wonder how many parties could/should sue UNC for this mess. Can't tell me wholesale academic fraud doesn't impact a whole lot of people negatively. In today's litigious environment, I'm kinda shocked some ambulance chaser hasn't put together a class action. 

Come on- there has to be a big pot of money sitting in Chapel Hill. 

Slap on the wrist and ole roy skates.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I saw your comment and just briefly a fit of rage began to rise, haha.

But like you and many others I'm keeping my expectations low (really low) so I can avoid the aforementioned fit.

I saw your comment and just briefly a fit of rage began to rise, haha.

But like you and many others I'm keeping my expectations low (really low) so I can avoid the aforementioned fit.

Keep them very low. The ncaa usually disappoints big time.

18 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

I'm with you on half of it. I say they NCAA puts a pretty good whoopin' on the football program, so they can look tough and nobody at the school will really care.

And Ole Roy skates.

It seems like it will be a "day of reckoning" whenever the NCAA gets off the pot.  Either a historically successful program gets an appropriate penalty for significantly breaking the rules, or once and for all the NCAA will confirm their refusal to enforce those same rules.

The delay (reluctance) to release the findings seems to be a sign that there's some real sphincter spasms going on at NCAA headquarters.

I'm with you on half of it. I say they NCAA puts a pretty good whoopin' on the football program, so they can look tough and nobody at the school will really care.
And Ole Roy skates.
Of course he skates. Thats a given.