Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

1 minute ago, reconmkd said:

Louisville ESPN radio just announced that Padgett has been linked to recently raided sports agent Andy Miller. Miller supposedly represented Padgett as an advisor or something while or after his playing career at Louisville.

HA!  Another great hire the way it sounds!  Still don't get it.

Kinda think it's a mistake not just cleaning house. Should get somebody totally unrelated to the university. 

Its probably easier to have an assistant not implicated this season and then clean house rather than hire a new staff then have them all leave after any new sanctions arrive beyond the stripper violations.

36 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So Crean was eliminated from consideration because of his ties to Kenny Johnson. Despite the fact they continue to employ Kenny Johnson. And are going to hire somebody who worked next to him for years. 

Lol Hooker U doesn't even know how to be clean. 

Do you have a link that supports the Crean-Johnson connection as the reason that Louisville passed on Crean? One could argue that there are plenty of other reasons to pass on him... but don't want to take this thread off into the weeds.

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

Do you have a link that supports the Crean-Johnson connection as the reason that Louisville passed on Crean? One could argue that there are plenty of other reasons to pass on him... but don't want to take this thread off into the weeds.

On the Louisville boards I guess their local radio said it. So idk if true but seems odd to lie about. 

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

They had to come up with a polite way to say they don't want him.

1 minute ago, Brass Cannon said:

On the Louisville boards I guess their local radio said it. So idk if true but seems odd to lie about. 

Thanks... interesting that they cannot manage to get out of their own way...

Yes! Go on the Cards boards. A majority down here not wanting anything to do with Crean. They think he is a joke. Some of the conspiracy idiot rednecks down here believe IU has part in this whole thing starting back with Hookergate! And now until Kenny Johnson's name is official cleared they believe he involved with this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I'm wondering if the Louisville acting prez will make a move regarding a coach today. He said on Wednesday that since practice starts Friday (today), he wanted to have an interim coach in place within the next 48 hours. I haven't seen anything yet. I find it difficult to imagine it would be Crean, but stranger things have happened ... 

I saw somewhere it was Padgett

Yes! Go on the Cards boards. A majority down here not wanting anything to do with Crean. They think he is a joke. Some of the conspiracy idiot rednecks down here believe IU has part in this whole thing starting back with Hookergate! And now until Kenny Johnson's name is official cleared they believe he involved with this.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Which boards. I've read their Rivals page and didn't see that

Sent from my SM-G930V using BtownBanners mobile app

Jeff Goodman
(@GoodmanESPN)

All signs pointing to David Padgett as Louisville interim coach. Guess who repped Padgett when he was a player? Yep, Andy Miller. 2 hours ago · Twitter

I get that they need a coach by like, tomorrow. But it blows my mind they decided to promote from within on this one. How could anybody think that is a good idea?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app