Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

goonaha

(2019) PF Matthew Hurt to Duke

Nope. I addressed the quoted comment and I compared a 20 ppg scorer on a team, that had little success. My comment had nothing to do with Romeo.

Yes, Zeke worked out very well, but he wasnt one and done, maybe Isiah staying a 2nd year for a title cost us a recruit like Hurt? I'll take it.

The difference between Bracey and Romeo? Coaching. Every coach at IU has got recruits. Mike Davis was just not very good. We will see how good Archie is right away due to this very point. A star can tear a team apart or make them better. A great coach can get a star player to fit in and coexist in his short stay. I don’t feel Archie would have let Bracey do what he did in his time here. He also would have benefited from someone telling him no every now and again. That is where I feel Archie can be different.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, mookied39 said:

Are you comparing Bracey to Romeo......did you just do that?  No way right.  And while AJ was a great Hoosier.....he was a 4 year player who had a cup of coffee in the NBA.  Come on.  Last superstar we had on the level of Romeo was maybe Jay Edwards?  Maybe Cody?  Zeke may be the best comparison in all actuality, how did that work out?  

Just on a pure "rankings" level, Eric Gordon and he was higher than Romeo. That's all you can go by in advance. Noah was right there, as well.

Are you comparing Bracey to Romeo......did you just do that?  No way right.  And while AJ was a great Hoosier.....he was a 4 year player who had a cup of coffee in the NBA.  Come on.  Last superstar we had on the level of Romeo was maybe Jay Edwards?  Maybe Cody?  Zeke may be the best comparison in all actuality, how did that work out?  

Eric Gordon?

42 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The difference between Bracey and Romeo? Coaching. Every coach at IU has got recruits. Mike Davis was just not very good. We will see how good Archie is right away due to this very point. A star can tear a team apart or make them better. A great coach can get a star player to fit in and coexist in his short stay. I don’t feel Archie would have let Bracey done what he did in his time here. He also would have benefited from someone telling him no every now and again. That is where I feel Archie can be different.

I don't think he would either.

Dunno if I would recommend Hurt to be viewing how the program develops Romeo and only Romeo...it seems more plausible for Hurt to view how they develop the other one-and-done (albeit for other reasons)..Evan Fitzner. How can the program round out his game to become effective inside the arc? How good can the strength and condition help him to defend Big Ten forwards and effectively rebound? How can the coaching staff maximize his ability within the team concept? I get why he mentioned Romeo...but don't overlook the time/effort being put into Fitzner.

19 minutes ago, Myrmidon76 said:

Dunno if I would recommend Hurt to be viewing how the program develops Romeo and only Romeo...it seems more plausible for Hurt to view how they develop the other one-and-done (albeit for other reasons)..Evan Fitzner. How can the program round out his game to become effective inside the arc? How good can the strength and condition help him to defend Big Ten forwards and effectively rebound? How can the coaching staff maximize his ability within the team concept? I get why he mentioned Romeo...but don't overlook the time/effort being put into Fitzner.

You make an excellent point. To me, Fitzner is the wild card for how good this year can be. If he can be an effective big with an inside game to compliment his 3 point shooting, that changes everything. We lacked serviceable size last year and suffered for it. That doesn't seem to be the case this year. What happens with Fitzner might be more relevant to Hurt's game than Romeo. Off the current topic, I heard Fischer rave about how impressed he was with Forrester when he saw him in drills. Called him a "beast" or something similar. Very exciting!

57 minutes ago, cthomas said:

You make an excellent point. To me, Fitzner is the wild card for how good this year can be. If he can be an effective big with an inside game to compliment his 3 point shooting, that changes everything. We lacked serviceable size last year and suffered for it. That doesn't seem to be the case this year. What happens with Fitzner might be more relevant to Hurt's game than Romeo. Off the current topic, I heard Fischer rave about how impressed he was with Forrester when he saw him in drills. Called him a "beast" or something similar. Very exciting!

Fitzner will never be a plus defender.

Offensive end? He’s a great addition.

6 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

What has Fizners abilities ha d to do with Hurts recruitment?

It's tenuous, at best :)

If Fitzner is a 20+ minute guy at the stretch ofur spot this year, he may be the best comparable to the role Hurt would fill.

IF Hurt plays at IU....... Expect Zeller freshman minutes and impact.

IMO.

Fwiw I really like Fitzner and expect him to be a major pain for other teams to defend.

Playing Fitzner and Juwan together could force other teams into matchup nightmares.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

IF Hurt plays at IU....... Expect Zeller freshman minutes and impact.

IMO.

Fwiw I really like Fitzner and expect him to be a major pain for other teams to defend.

Playing Fitzner and Juwan together could force other teams into matchup nightmares.

Yep, fitzner alone isn’t anything for teams to worry about but because Juwan is so good near the basket they will have to double and fitzner can make them pay if Juwan can find him

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Yep, fitzner alone isn’t anything for teams to worry about but because Juwan is so good near the basket they will have to double and fitzner can make them pay if Juwan can find him

Yep and if they cover him too nice wide lanes for Smith and Romeo

Dont forget smith can shoot also. His shot wasnt great last year but it looked good and i expect improvement. Also mcbob will shoot good i believe. I also think devante can step up. Shooting should be improved as a whole and we should be a load to deal with is my prediction

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

On 10/10/2018 at 10:35 PM, HoosierHoops1 said:

"see what he does FOR him." Was what I didn't like. Seemed like it was "How he sets him up to make plays, be a star and maintain his lottery value" not how Romeo improves and how well the team does. 

Hell, I'd be more impressed with IU and Miller, if Race comes out and averages 10 and 6, rather than Romeo getting 20 ppg..

Perhaps you can reword it to suit your agenda? Curious what that would look like.

Who’s coming to Big Blue Madness? UK has another star-studded guest list.

...Five-star forward Matthew Hurt was rumored this fall to be visiting for Big Blue Madness, but he will not be in town this weekend and said at last week’s USA Basketball camp that he plans to take most of his visits during the season.

22 hours ago, goonaha said:

Perhaps you can reword it to suit your agenda? Curious what that would look like.

Big agenda, yep, that's it, you got me. Busted. 

Ever hear of the word opinion? If so, understand what it means?

"Seemed like" is another way of saying, "In my opinion" Opinions are still allowed, right? When I read his full quote "in my opinion" it felt more like 'how does he get showcased?' than it did in most of the player quotes about development. So it set a little weird. I didn't feel all rah rah.

MY OPINION, I'm sure much like many of yours, could be 100% wrong.

Matthew Hurt will officially visit Kentucky this upcoming weekend. He then plans on visiting UNC, Duke and Kansas in the near future. His dad, Richard Hurt tells ESPN. #BBN gets the first shot at this ultra versatile forward.
Paul Biancardi

2 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Matthew Hurt will officially visit Kentucky this upcoming weekend. He then plans on visiting UNC, Duke and Kansas in the near future. His dad, Richard Hurt tells ESPN. #BBN gets the first shot at this ultra versatile forward.
Paul Biancardi

Still leaves him with 1 correct?  So a final official to Bloomington  is still possible?