Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

2 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I feel ya man. I was in 7th grade when Crean was hired. My dad does the boards and if I remember, a lot of people were dumbfounded

Dumbfounded only in repect to his name not being mentioned. Bigger names had been thrown out but never got to the level of hysteria we just witnessed with BD . Crean was received fairly well, but Wade was a lot fresher in peoples minds back then.

Well, that's that! Very solid choice, IMO.  It would be interesting to hear the backstory to this process.

Looking at a couple of rivals boards it's kind of funny, many are saying Donovan was a delusional choice while others are saying they were relieved because they thought we might hire him.

One thing people need to understand and that is that there are only a handful of coaches that are currently 'elite' and none of them are going anywhere.  If we did go for Donovan (or Stevens) that was swinging for the fences, albeit a long shot.  There are 8 teams left in the dance at this time and how many are elite?  How many are head and shoulders above Archie?

We didn't "shock the world" or hit the proverbial 'grandslam', but I'd say we did pretty well.

Now let's see how the new staff comes together and what happens with the roster - I'd expect a defection or two and that's OK.  CAM needs his type of players and hopefully much more talented versions of them than what he's had at Dayton.

1 minute ago, HoosiersLoveBanners said:

This hire most likely means very good things for recruiting and the grad transfer scene. I'm not sure player retention is as important as everyone is making it seem. Some of these guys had very bad years and played awful against inferior talent. Try to keep Juwan obviously and one of Green or Jones but if anyone else wants to take a hike, let them. 

Morgan, Green, and Davis are the big three I want to stay. I've always kind of thought JBJ was gone after this year, but would openly welcome him back. Cujo......... his season just went downhill on a weekly basis. Rojo just really seems like he needs a change of scenery. And I've been on record that Priller and Gelon shouldn't be on the rosters at the B1G level

1 hour ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

I can't believe so many of you were convinced 2x National Champion coach Billy Donovan was going to leave the NBA to come here. 

We agree on this one. I never saw that happening, either. 

2 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Morgan, Green, and Davis are the big three I want to stay. I've always kind of thought JBJ was gone after this year, but would openly welcome him back. Cujo......... his season just went downhill on a weekly basis. Rojo just really seems like he needs a change of scenery. And I've been on record that Priller and Gelon shouldn't be on the rosters at the B1G level

I thought DD already announced he's staying? Obviously him as well

Just now, HoosiersLoveBanners said:

I thought DD already announced he's staying? Obviously him as well

I think so. But things always seem to change with coaching stuff. I'm anticipating him being back......... hoping I don't wake up one morning to see him gone

25 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I think what it means is that Blackmon is gonna consider coming back for his senior year. Archie could actually draw up plays with screens for him

That's what I think it means too. Like "okay IU, you've got my attention now. I'm listening."