Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

If Glass wasn't going to push him out the door for his pre-conference performance, he certainly isn't going to do so with the lame ass B1G schedule IU, or CTC, lucked out on this year. I cannot fathom a way that this team loses enough conference games to force Glass to reconsider his position on Crean. I think, at this point, that any change will come after tournament end. That is abundantly clear, at least to me. If I am wrong and Crean is pushed out, I will be very happy to be wrong.

I don't know why he would have been pushed out during the season so far but there was never any chance of that. So yeah...

[attachment=3159:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1451956144.575693.jpg]

Didn't know where was acceptable to put this so I put it here.

But this, to me, is another big problem. There is no reason these kids should have no idea about Indiana Basketball and what it means to put on the Jersey with Indiana written across their chest.

Crean came in here saying its Indiana, it's Indiana, but it seems the tradition of Indiana is becoming more and more unknown to recruits, players, and until Crean is gone that tradition of fundamentally sound, solid basketball will continue to diminish. The NBA style game he tries to play is incredibly hard to watch, I don't care how many 3s they hit or points the put up, 157-158 is still a loss.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1451956144.575693.jpg

Didn't know where was acceptable to put this so I put it here.

But this, to me, is another big problem. There is no reason these kids should have no idea about Indiana Basketball and what it means to put on the Jersey with Indiana written across their chest.

Crean came in here saying its Indiana, it's Indiana, but it seems the tradition of Indiana is becoming more and more unknown to recruits, players, and until Crean is gone that tradition of fundamentally sound, solid basketball will continue to diminish. The NBA style game he tries to play is incredibly hard to watch, I don't care how many 3s they hit or points the put up, 157-158 is still a loss.

The bad news there is the 80s were a long time ago, so we simply aren't going to get the type of kids who grew up living and breathing Indiana basketball anymore. Any education on what Indiana Basketball means is going to have to come after they're already here, and while that can be meaningful, you can't teach passion.

I think Crean should certainly be telling them enough to avoid this kind of answer and Juwan should have done some research too. Wikipedia is free after all. But, when most of us picture kids who really were taught the meaning of Indiana, we're looking at a very small group of kids.

Even the local commits (Gelon) grew up loving other teams and our local players are some of the main ones people complain about.

We need to give them a reason to be passionate enough about Indiana basketball to push out whatever information is in the way and make it stick.

The bad news there is the 80s were a long time ago, so we simply aren't going to get the type of kids who grew up living and breathing Indiana basketball anymore. Any education on what Indiana Basketball means is going to have to come after they're already here, and while that can be meaningful, you can't teach passion.

I think Crean should certainly be telling them enough to avoid this kind of answer and Juwan should have done some research too. Wikipedia is free after all. But, when most of us picture kids who really were taught the meaning of Indiana, we're looking at a very small group of kids.

Even the local commits (Gelon) grew up loving other teams and our local players are some of the main ones people complain about.

We need to give them a reason to be passionate enough about Indiana basketball to push out whatever information is in the way and make it stick.

I agree, the further and further we get from getting back to consistent top 15 program we will move further and further from the tradition. I am only in my 20s so I never got to see a championship team, but I remember watching the early 90s teams with my dad. And my all time favorite team being the 2002 team. True underdog team playing as a true team and knocking off the top teams. That should be all over the locker room for, watch highlights during preseason of those teams. Do something to make them understand that every year IU should be in the top 25 rankings all season every season.

You know as well as I do, that these young kids are easily bored. You cannot show them these old clips, tell the old stories, without them shutting it out. They have to search out the information to make it meaningful. But they certainly can be told about traditions.

Bah, humbug.

You guys sound like a bunch of "get off my lawn" "kids these days" grumpy old farts.

People are people, and there are plenty of fantastic, historically connected young people and brain dead young people, just like 32 years ago when I started at IU.

Now get off my lawn and quit yer bitchin' ya cranky ol' bastahds.

On behalf of all the 'grumpy old farts' and 'cranky ol' bastards'    :angry:

You know as well as I do, that these young kids are easily bored. You cannot show them these old clips, tell the old stories, without them shutting it out. They have to search out the information to make it meaningful. But they certainly can be told about traditions.

I really hope you aren't serious.