Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Lol if you say so. Just find some of the comments as bad as his coaching. I am sure if we go 12-6 you will be one of the first to say how easy our schedule was. That would include 3 losses we should win. I want his ass gone but come on man. You are reaching a little bit. Yes your comment is one I am talking about. You are starting to sound like Crean in a post game presser from the opposite end.

12-6 and I'm reaching a little bit? I have actually given Crean praise when his team executes a well thought out game plan. The problem is they are far and few between and when his game plan falters he can't coach his way into a win. The book is out; you and everyone else knows it.

One thing I forgot so I'm adding it now. He can't just sit on the sidelines, it's in his contract he has to make an effort to get another job. If he just sat on the sidelines he could be in breach and we may not have to pay any buyout.

A part of me wants to say this team might be better if he just sat on the sidelines, but that's neither here nor there.

True. He has to, in good faith, seek gainful employment close to his market value. If he takes a year off, or decides to take a deal for less than others on the table, he would actually owe IU money.

12-6 and I'm reaching a little bit? I have actually given Crean praise when his team executes a well thought out game plan. The problem is they are far and few between and when his game plan falters he can't coach his way into a win. The book is out; you and everyone else knows it.

Lol you have never given that dude credit. Look at the schedule. If you think that is impossible then fair enough. Then we hold this team to different standards. That's fine.

True. He has to, in good faith, seek gainful employment close to his market value. If he takes a year off, or decides to take a deal for less than others on the table, he would actually owe IU money.

Whats his market value though? That's where the sides may differ. He could easily say I am the head coach of IU. I am staying on that level.

It seems to me when Yogi first got here maybe through sophomore year that he used to dazzle and amaze with his passes while in the paint. I just don't see that now, maybe I'm wrong.

Yogi has always been considered a gifted distributor until he was charged with having to score for Indiana.

Whats his market value though? That's where the sides may differ. He could easily say I am the head coach of IU. I am staying on that level.

Yeah that's the tricky part. I'm not sure how this process would be overseen to ensure he's taking the best deal.

IU isn't going to care what he gets paid let's be honest. The athletic dept makes enough to pay hm off and a new coach a huge salary.

I do appreciate your efforts to challenging ppl on this. Again let's be honest, even 12-6 with a sweet 16, Crean needs to go. This is supposed to be the "up" year. To me that means winning some sort of title, be it conference, conference tourney, or national. None of that is happening. Even if we have an easy January, the team is playing poorly and we always have a February swoon.

Lol you have never given that dude credit. Look at the schedule. If you think that is impossible then fair enough. Then we hold this team to different standards. That's fine.

I have given him credit more times than he has coached us to a win. Not very many I admit, but compared to his timely use of his 500 page playbook; it's probably not even close.

IU isn't going to care what he gets paid let's be honest. The athletic dept makes enough to pay hm off and a new coach a huge salary.

I do appreciate your efforts to challenging ppl on this. Again let's be honest, even 12-6 with a sweet 16, Crean needs to go. This is supposed to be the "up" year. To me that means winning some sort of title, be it conference, conference tourney, or national. None of that is happening. Even if we have an easy January, the team is playing poorly and we always have a February swoon.

I am not so sure I agree completely with that. That's why I honestly see Glass giving him next year unless we go under .500 in Conference.

I have given him credit more times than he has coached us to a win. Not very many I admit, but compared to his timely use of his 500 page playbook; it's probably not even close.

Yeah exactly. I hope for your sake on our next coach he coaches exactly how you want.

He'd better not. It's been a complete joke without Zeller and Oladipo.

the fans are losing interest and the people in charge can see that. If crean doesn't finish this season in a way that puts excitement back in a majority of the fan base he will be gone. I have faith