Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Just had a HS basketball coach from Fort Wayne in my office. We talked IU. IU is his favorite school and team (was wearing IU coat) but prefers watching Butler/Duke games. Roots for both of those schools. Frustrated the same as most of us with Coaching.

Discussed how confused Yogi runs the offense. Said, he love to see Yogi with 4 years with a different coach. Thinks he would be amazing. Said Troy drives him nuts with poor decisions but his athleticism is unteachable. Have to play him big minutes.

Said Crean coaches based off analytics. Wants 3 pointers and layups. It becomes predictable. Not much midrange game. Leads to forced layup attempts and stacked defense at the rim.

Plenty more we discussed, just thought it fits here as another unhappy fan opinion.

Wasn't there some dude on here that said we needed to completely abandon the mid-range game. Guess Tom Crean created an account to explain his philosophy to us......

Wasn't there some dude on here that said we needed to completely abandon the mid-range game. Guess Tom Crean created an account to explain his philosophy to us......

it does seem to be supported by the analytics, but what isn't is when a team abandons 1 facet of the game and the opposing coaches who know this. It may help our driving efforts when we pull up midrange sometimes. Yogi does this sometimes, I will say. About the only one and not consistently.

Sounds to be a perfect time and place, to me.

If that's how they choose to live, I guess it is. Personally, I disagree. There's plenty of other opportunities to cry and moan than when you're about to attend a game in the hall.

I'd take Stevie over Tommy any day of the week and I want nothing to do with Stevie!!

No way. Can you imagine trying to ever get rid of Alford? He'd maintain constant middle of the pack finishes so as never to upset anyone enough to get rid of him and has enough personal connections to stick it out even against the people who strive to be something other than mediocre. At least I'm sure we'll get rid of Crean sooner or later.

My point was just that Crean's contract isn't so outrageous. It's just a normal head coach's contract at a big school.

We are 16 pt favorites

I thought we were at 12. Vegas has us at 12, 82 to 70. Most ambitious I seen was 14. Let me know where you seen 16. May have to put money on that line.