Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Without major success this year Crean won't be able to recruit anymore. The cupboard will grow bare for the eventual successor. Where as if we fire him this year a competent coach could have us in the top 25 from day 1

So,why this year? Have we had "major success " any year he's been here? You want him gone,I get it,but this one is a strech.

So,why this year? Have we had "major success " any year he's been here? You want him gone,I get it,but this one is a strech.

This year we are underperforming pretty seriously for the talent we have. More than previous years. And recruiting has hit a solid wall.

But, more than that, it's cumulative. The next mediocre season always looks worse than the one before. Because eventually (this year for sure) you know it's a trend you can't break. I wasn't a proponent of Crean last year, but I do support stability and Crean has totally lost even me. I'm just anxious this season to know how it ends and get this coaching thing figured out.

I think winning the conference outright was a major success. It was followed by major disappointment by struggling down the stretch and then losing to Cuse.

This year is the first year it's financially viable to fire him. The pressure has been on but unlike previous years, this year it's a financial possibility.

Because even without major success prior he could still recruit. But even this year we saw that slip. Next year it will be worse.

Because even without major success prior he could still recruit. But even this year we saw that slip. Next year it will be worse.

I can't really say I agree with JBJ and RoJo being better than Juwan, TB, OG. Next year isn't looking bad either.

I can't really say I agree with JBJ and RoJo being better than Juwan, TB, OG. Next year isn't looking bad either.

I meant this year as in Cujo and Davis.  Davis is great and all, but we beat out a MSU team that was going to offer him real competition for playing time.  Whoopdie do. 

I meant this year as in Cujo and Davis. Davis is great and all, but we beat out a MSU team that was going to offer him real competition for playing time. Whoopdie do.

if you go by 247 team rankings the 2016 class is ranked 18th as of today and the 2015 class finished 27th. I wouldn't say that is going to be way worse.

if you go by 247 team rankings the 2016 class is ranked 18th as of today and the 2015 class finished 27th. I wouldn't say that is going to be way worse.

Yeah but one year we looked to be returning everybody and thus our recruiting was held back naturally. This last summer it looked like we would be losing quite a few people and thus would have playing time to offer.

And it's not going to stay 18th it's going to go down unless we add somebody and other than a few long shots who are we still in the mix for?

Yeah but one year we looked to be returning everybody and thus our recruiting was held back naturally. This last summer it looked like we would be losing quite a few people and thus would have playing time to offer.

And it's not going to stay 18th it's going to go down unless we add somebody and other than a few long shots who are we still in the mix for?

Markus Howard

Devonte Green

Thon Maker

Eron Gordon

Others

I don't think we have many open scholarships, maybe 1?  I think we are filling the positions we need with the 2016 class minus a top notch PG.

I honestly prefer these balanced classes.

im just pointing out you said it will be way worse next year, when the numbers say that it will be a little bit better or probably around the same ( good but not great). You pointed out 2015 saying they were held back by returning players. That didn't stop the coaching staff from extending numerous offers to highly ranked recruits in those positions, they just decided to go elsewhere ( Chris Clarke, Richardson, Zimmerman, Milton, Crawford, Coleman-lands, Kenny Williams, nick Marshall to name of few. Every team has to deal with recruiting players when they have players returning