Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

The pick: Vanderbilt

Why: “I think him, D.G. and Simi have something planned. They just don’t want to tell anybody.” – White

Yikes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

This has been the prevailing rumor that guys like Jerry Meyer and others have sat on for months since Garland made it official. They then predicted Shittu correctly. Romeo to follow was the final “piece de resistance”.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This has been the prevailing rumor that guys like Jerry Meyer and others have sat on for months since Garland made it official. They then predicted Shittu correctly. Romeo to follow was the final “piece de resistance”.

how many ohms do they get with that piece de resistance??

I think the thing with Kansas is that there isn't going to be enough ball to go around. Vick/Newman are nowhere in NBA Mock Drafts (doesn't mean anything as we saw with Troy and JBJ). They have 3 stud frosh coming in plus Vick/Newman/Azubuike/Garrett/Lightfoot/Lawson bros. They will be the preseason favorite to win it all.  I think Grimes and the other Kansas recruits see that. Bill Self has proven that he won't start a top 5 recruit (Cliff, Diallo, Henry, Selby). I too dislike with the "Vanderbilt has more talent" than IU crap. They were dead last in the SEC.. Garland is a good player but he is way over-hyped. He may be more talented as of now than RP but let's see who will be better after 4 years. I believe it will be the Darius Garland show next year. I see them having a season similar to the one Alabama just had. A few decent freshmen but not a great roster and an average (at best) head coach. I'm feeling more and more confident that Romeo will go to IU. I'm just surprised that UNC was eliminated back in November. I think he would fit in perfectly there (minus the whole class thing). 

Alabamas coach is better than Bryce drew

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

31 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

No way this is the case. The Langford's are good people and that would be totally out of character.

The pick: Indiana

Why: “He’s going to Indiana. He’s staying home.” – King

That was the coolest answer of them all. Even if not true. He just got right to the point and did so with what would appear to be confidence.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

An annoying rumor that's started floating around again is that Romeo already has his dorm assignment at Vandy. Can someone smarter than me disprove this?

Well, now that is interesting because I heard he already had his IU housing booked too?!?!  Those darn rumors!  Time will tell I guess.

No way this is the case. The Langford's are good people and that would be totally out of character.

Ok

No way this is the case? Ok

Why would this make them bad people?

Do you personally know the Langfords? I’m generally curious why half the board states they are good people? Is it the signing of autographs? Their demeanor? Rumors? Hearsay?

(Before everyone jumps down my throat-I believe they are good people too, no reason not too, but besides what you all tell me I have no reason to tell them apart from any other recruit).

An annoying rumor that's started floating around again is that Romeo already has his dorm assignment at Vandy. Can someone smarter than me disprove this?
The AD tell you that?

6 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

The pick: Vanderbilt

Why: “I think him, D.G. and Simi have something planned. They just don’t want to tell anybody.” – White

Yikes.

And if that's true,  a celebratory halftime announcement at the MCDAA Game with the 3 of them together would make all the sense in the world. Huge exposure. But an announcement at the local High School gym surrounded by the locals and catered by some local BBQ joint?  Yeah, not seein' that as the plan concocted by 3 future NBA players. At all.   We'll see.

Oh, and I don't mean to disparage the New Albany food scene,  which I'm sure is spectacular.

Im waiting for dbm to say it was always vandy.

14 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

Im waiting for dbm to say it was always vandy.

He's going to Vandy but I'd bet that rumor is complete BS.  Probably started by Drew or Garland.

And if that's true,  a celebratory halftime announcement at the MCDAA Game with the 3 of them together would make all the sense in the world. Huge exposure. But an announcement at the local High School gym surrounded by the locals and catered by some local BBQ joint?  Yeah, not seein' that as the plan concocted by 3 future NBA players. At all.   We'll see.
   Oh, and I don't mean to disparage the New Albany food scene,  which I'm sure is spectacular.

I know the owner of that BBQ joint...

9 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Where did you see this rumor?

I've seen it several places, and I think it's mostly non-IU fans parroting off each other to reassure themselves he won't go to IU. Kind of goes hand in hand with the whole "if it was IU he would have already announced" narrative.

I was honestly curious if it's possible to have a dorm assignment this early. When I was a high school senior, I know I didn't have mine by March. Granted I wasn't a basketball player, but still.

I've seen it several places, and I think it's mostly non-IU fans parroting off each other to reassure themselves he won't go to IU. Kind of goes hand in hand with the whole "if it was IU he would have already announced" narrative.

I was honestly curious if it's possible to have a dorm assignment this early. When I was a high school senior, I know I didn't have mine by March. Granted I wasn't a basketball player, but still.

I don't doubt for a second that if he were to go to any of the three schools he would already know where and with whom he would live with. Of course he would have that information for each school.