Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

2 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

The pick: Vanderbilt

Why: “I think him, D.G. and Simi have something planned. They just don’t want to tell anybody.” – White

Yikes.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Hahahaha.. you legitimately pick that quote out of everything 

Hahahaha.. you legitimately pick that quote out of everything 
It backs up what DBM has said all along that he simply cannot say no to garland. Hope that's not the case.

Here's the one I didn't like, along with the one about "good players", as if only Mcd's players are good.

The pick: Kansas

Why: “Right now all of us are going at him talking about Vanderbilt or Kansas. But hopefully Kansas is the plan.” – McCormack

Here's the one I didn't like, along with the one about "good players", as if only Mcd's players are good.

Why: “Right now all of us are going at him talking about Vanderbilt or Kansas. But hopefully Kansas is the plan.” – McCormack

Even after both Kansas recruits said IU!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

I like the Kansas players picks but there sure are a lot of Vandy picks in that article.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
Yes there were. Starting to think slimy drew may have Romeo fooled . Vandy seems very much in play

Looking at it without bias, I think it’s quite telling that all his closest friends are saying he’s going to Indiana, even two Kansas players, while almost everyone who picked Vandy or Kansas is looking at it from the outside and just going off what they observe.

1 hour ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I think he's just referencing the guys at the McD AA game. There are multiple Vandy and KU commits there, but no IU recruits, so obviously it's just guys from those 2 school who are going at him, which was to be expected. I don't think there's anything concerning in that statement.

I get it, these are high school kids and they live in their own little bubble, but it's so irritating the way the guys that picked Vandy act like there's only talent in their own class and only if a guy is a McDonald's AA. One guy picked Vandy and said something to the effect of "At IU he'll have to carry the load, but at Vandy he'll have lots of talent around him with Garland and Shittu."
I'll take a senior Juwan Morgan, and even a sophomore Justin Smith, over a freshmen Shittu (even if he was fully healthy) every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Heck, Jerome Hunter could have every bit as good of a freshmen year as Shittu. IU is a way more talented roster. 

Ditto

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

Looking at it without bias, I think it’s quite telling that all his closest friends are saying he’s going to Indiana, even two Kansas players, while almost everyone who picked Vandy or Kansas is looking at it from the outside and just going off what they observe.

Who are his closest friends saying Indiana?

I think the thing with Kansas is that there isn't going to be enough ball to go around. Vick/Newman are nowhere in NBA Mock Drafts (doesn't mean anything as we saw with Troy and JBJ). They have 3 stud frosh coming in plus Vick/Newman/Azubuike/Garrett/Lightfoot/Lawson bros. They will be the preseason favorite to win it all.  I think Grimes and the other Kansas recruits see that. Bill Self has proven that he won't start a top 5 recruit (Cliff, Diallo, Henry, Selby). I too dislike with the "Vanderbilt has more talent" than IU crap. They were dead last in the SEC.. Garland is a good player but he is way over-hyped. He may be more talented as of now than RP but let's see who will be better after 4 years. I believe it will be the Darius Garland show next year. I see them having a season similar to the one Alabama just had. A few decent freshmen but not a great roster and an average (at best) head coach. I'm feeling more and more confident that Romeo will go to IU. I'm just surprised that UNC was eliminated back in November. I think he would fit in perfectly there (minus the whole class thing). 

18 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think the thing with Kansas is that there isn't going to be enough ball to go around. Vick/Newman are nowhere in NBA Mock Drafts (doesn't mean anything as we saw with Troy and JBJ). They have 3 stud frosh coming in plus Vick/Newman/Azubuike/Garrett/Lightfoot/Lawson bros. They will be the preseason favorite to win it all.  I think Grimes and the other Kansas recruits see that. Bill Self has proven that he won't start a top 5 recruit (Cliff, Diallo, Henry, Selby). I too dislike with the "Vanderbilt has more talent" than IU crap. They were dead last in the SEC.. Garland is a good player but he is way over-hyped. He may be more talented as of now than RP but let's see who will be better after 4 years. I believe it will be the Darius Garland show next year. I see them having a season similar to the one Alabama just had. A few decent freshmen but not a great roster and an average (at best) head coach. I'm feeling more and more confident that Romeo will go to IU. I'm just surprised that UNC was eliminated back in November. I think he would fit in perfectly there (minus the whole class thing). 

Garland is not overhyped. People are overestimating what two stud freshman can do on a team of literal mannequins. Vandy has a horrid team with a questionable coach. DG and Shittu are going to see double teams and intense defense all year next year, and there won't be much help their team can provide.