Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Man, the Langford crew  sure is driving a lot of people crazy with the waiting, and multiple housing arrangements!  sheesh!  Is this stuff EVER going to end?  

Not for another year. Latest news is that Romeo has petitioned the IHSAA for another year of eligibility. In other news, all whiskey is the state of Indiana has been sold out. Curiously, the same thing has happened in other areas of the country where the IU Alumni Association is most concentrated....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Not for another year. Latest news is that Romeo has petitioned the IHSAA for another year of eligibility. In other news, all whiskey is the state of Indiana has been sold out. Curiously, the same thing has happened in other areas of the country where the IU Alumni Association is most concentrated....

HA!  I also heard his picture was going to be printed on the whiskey labels too.  Yep, working on his brand.  OK.  OK.   I'll stop now!

14 hours ago, tortex28 said:

Rabajohns has it IU, Kansas and Vandy a distant 3rd.
Reported a phone conversation between RL and Justin Smith saying it's IU. He's pretty good at this but anything can happen

Sent from my SM-J727V using BtownBanners mobile app

If true, it is irresponsible and extremely self-serving for him to out his source like that on a matter everyone in his reading audience knows the langford's want kept private.  if true, it seems like he just burned 4 really solid bridges.  I wonder if casting a rumor out like that would be worth it to him in the end if that is even true.

12 hours ago, Iugradman said:

Drewfus has never managed a roster of five stars. Calipari and K have struggled at times coaching one and dones, and they are way better at their jobs than Drewfus. Vandy fans are in for a rude awakening next season.

To be fair, neither has Archie. 

4 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Archie doesn’t have multiple five stars coming in, nor is he relying on them to be the backbone of his team.

The backbone and the limbs

11 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:

For one rabjohns has a terrible track record. Secondly I doubt Smith is leaking private phone conversations. Nobody knows anything.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I'm gonna disagree here on the Rabjohns part. The guy does a terrific job and its hard to judge him off one real misstep with Garland when they played him, and the thing is, he never said "Garland is done to Indiana." I don't think most people here give him enough slack. 

I know that is for sure not true. No freshman will know their housing for at least another month. But if he does come to IU I'm guessing he would live with RP.

You don't think the staff has a good idea where incoming freshman are going to be? You don't think a top recruit, who is evaluating everything, would have his choice of dorms and roommates? I do. Heck I would have asked him where he wants to live and with whom and I would have assigned him that formally and sent a picture with his and his roommates names on the door.

Whether officially or not, I would expect the Langfords know or have their choice of locations regardless of when regular freshman find out.

11 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

You don't think the staff has a good idea where incoming freshman are going to be? You don't think a top recruit, who is evaluating everything, would have his choice of dorms and roommates? I do. Heck I would have asked him where he wants to live and with whom and I would have assigned him that formally and sent a picture with his and his roommates names on the door.

Whether officially or not, I would expect the Langfords know or have their choice of locations regardless of when regular freshman find out.

All of the freshman basketball players live in Briscoe. And I imagine that they have the ability to choose who they live with, as all freshmen have the option to choose a roommate. The assignments don't become official until later on, but I can say with certainty that if Romeo comes to IU he will live in one of the two Briscoe buildings. 

9 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Oh I know they will be placed in Briscoe but if someone is saying they know where they're going to live and with who that is not factually correct. That info doesn't even get released for another month and it's not even been worked on yet this year. 

25 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

My theory is that he doesnt know. He's still deciding. I think he will pick us but he very well may not.

I don't buy that at all.  If he doesn't know by now how is he possibly going to know in 2 or 3 weeks?  Nothing will change.  If he is honestly undecided he should just draw a name out a hat at this point.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I don't buy that at all.  If he doesn't know by now how is he possibly going to know in 2 or 3 weeks?  Nothing will change.  If he is honestly undecided he should just draw a name out a hat at this point.

I buy that he probably hasn't given it much serious thought during basketball season. I'm guessing he has thought more about it lately 

6 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's so funny you pretend like you have ever made a decision of this magnitude in your life lol honestly I hope you never stop posting. It's amusing. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It's so funny you pretend like you have ever made a decision of this magnitude in your life lol honestly I hope you never stop posting. It's amusing. 

I've made far bigger decisions in my life and it didn't take me nearly this long.  We're talking about where he's going to spend less than 10 months of his life.  I've known plenty of people who have met and gotten married in under 6 months.

3 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've made far bigger decisions in my life and it didn't take me nearly this long.  We're talking about where he's going to spend less than 10 months of his life.  I've known plenty of people who have met and gotten married in under 6 months.

Sounds awful ... maybe that's why the divorce rate is so high?

And no you haven't made far bigger decisions and certainly not ones that have as much financial impact as this could.