Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, Borzello think UK is a slight advantage over IU right now.

Going to be an interesting early signing period it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If CAM wants Brooks, then I want him to get him. But I will never care about losing a player to UK. If Brooks, or any kid, buys into Cal’s brazenly mercenary culture, then he should absolutely go there. I don’t want him rep’ing my school. Easy call for me. 

Who is the mid/high four star who stays three or four years, loves the university, gets a degree, and leads us to a title?
i can’t wait to find out; hoping it’s Juwan Morgan.
Even if it doesn’t happen , it’s a lot more fun to root for than a team of six month mercenaries.

Demo is so, so spot on! Jalen Brunson has more titles than any Calipari player in Calipari’s ten years at UK.

Spot on Demo and stuhoo

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

And who is the Jalen Brunson type player we are getting?

We’ll see. Brunson was more highly rated than the non-Romeo members of our current class. But he was always considered  a multi year guy. I expect all of our Frosh to evolve into the sort of players you can win big with. I love this class. 

Hey, I’m not opposed to 1 and done kids. What I am opposed to are kids who don’t give 2 s***s about the fans, history or culture of the school. Cal makes no bones about the fact that his only concern is moving kids along to the League. If Brooks is looking for that, it’s up to him and fine with me. It’s just not what I want at my school. 

Win Big and move along when the NBA wants you in the first round.

No matter how long it takes.

Brooks isn’t a one and done at Indiana or Kentucky.

He is fantastic. His career arc is going to be more like Kris Wilkes.

He’s rated 15-30 range in his own class.

I just don’t want a team full of Noah Vonleh’s. Hard to even associate him with IU basketball

I agree. I really don't even follow his career or consider him much of a basketball product of IU. It's more like he's a feather in IU's recruiting cap for that time period.

I don't want that on repeat. Most fans don't seem to want it. Even some UK fans seem to be growing tired of Cal's NBA puppy mill down there, the number of which seems to be growing just based on my own readings and discussion with some UK faithful. Sure, as long as one and done exists (as well as the current trash heap that is the current governing body of high level collegiate athletics), these recruits will occasionally come and go. But like many other "good" things, there can be too much of it. Having said that, it does feel different re:current high level recruits with potential OAD status and I think it's because they're all home grown in-state talents , so we feel more connected.

Either way, there arguments for both sides of this particular recruiting discussion. It's just more satisfying for most fans to be able to safely assume the talent comes because they WANT to play for their university with the opportunity to be developed rather than being won at an underground auction.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app