Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

I notice Brooks has slipped in both Rivals and 247 rankings.  Maybe the other big boys will back off a bit

Izzo will be there until the end. In my opinion this is only a 2 horse race regardless of who else jumps in

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I didn't realize MSU was that far out in front. He definitely has some good things to say about us too. The part about MSU telling him they were the first to recruit him, first to show loyalty.. cracks me up. Sounds almost like they are tyring to guilt trip him from feeling pressure that we are catching up in this recruitment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn't realize MSU was that far out in front. He definitely has some good things to say about us too. The part about MSU telling him they were the first to recruit him, first to show loyalty.. cracks me up. Sounds almost like they are tyring to guilt trip him from feeling pressure that we are catching up in this recruitment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't really believe that MSU is that far out in front! Good relationship between the family and this coaching staff will win out ultimately if we show the improvement on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Brooks would be a really good get. That 2019 class is loaded. Him, Watford, Hurt and Wiseman. Go reel them in Archie!

Lots of talent there, for balance I would prefer to get 2 one and dones and 2 multi year players.  Maybe Davis instead of Hurt or Wiseman  

Take this with a grain of salt but i talked to a NS student today. Asked him if he knew IU was recruiting Brooks, he said "yeah, but they won't get him. He'll go to Michigan State". I said why, he's not an Indiana fan. He said not like MSU.

Like I say, take this with a grain of salt as this student knows Brooks and is at the games but is not a friend with serious inside scoop.

Izzo at the games seems to had made a strong early impression. I think IU and Schilling can make an impact more than this students thinks but FWIW, I thought I'd share.

Take this with a grain of salt but i talked to a NS student today. Asked him if he knew IU was recruiting Brooks, he said "yeah, but they won't get him. He'll go to Michigan State". I said why, he's not an Indiana fan. He said not like MSU.

Like I say, take this with a grain of salt as this student knows Brooks and is at the games but is not a friend with serious inside scoop.

Izzo at the games seems to had made a strong early impression. I think IU and Schilling can make an impact more than this students thinks but FWIW, I thought I'd share.

Yep, that is why most felt Izzo all the way early on. I am guessing most students that go to school with him will feel differently now that they are back to school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, I've thought this recruitment would be difficult from the start. Izzo has had a full 2 year head start on recruiting Brooks. I wouldn't be so worried if it was anyone in the BIG but him.

it doesn't help that he's about to watch MSU win the BIG and have a great year while we most likely just make the tourney.

3 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Yeah, I've thought this recruitment would be difficult from the start. Izzo has had a full 2 year head start on recruiting Brooks. I wouldn't be so worried if it was anyone in the BIG but him.

it doesn't help that he's about to watch MSU win the BIG and have a great year while we most likely just make the tourney.

Certainly difficult but we do have Ed Schilling's relationship with Sr. which hopefully can impact Jr.  And, if we can fill out our '18 class with some star power and have a reasonably good season, you just never know.  If FCTC were still coaching, there would be no debate that Izzo would get him but at least for now there is a new vitality about IU basketball and if we can keep the momentum rolling............! 

Certainly difficult but we do have Ed Schilling's relationship with Sr. which hopefully can impact Jr.  And, if we can fill out our '18 class with some star power and have a reasonably good season, you just never know.  If FCTC were still coaching, there would be no debate that Izzo would get him but at least for now there is a new vitality about IU basketball and if we can keep the momentum rolling............! 

Plus the strength of Brooks to Izzo toned down a bunch over the last 6-8 weeks. There is more of a feeling he of any of the 5* we are after is coming to IU. Most people around Fort Wayne feel IU. 2-3 months ago? Yeah MSU all day. I feel good about this one.

Yeah he's got old info. Things have changed. MSU still there but IU isnt behind anyone - I know that.

Beat me to it. I haven't heard one person around Fort Wayne say MSU that is around this kid or who has talked to him in the summer. IU isn't trailing.

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I like your take much better than mine :)