Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

In kind of somewhat sorta related news, MSU recently picked up a commitment from 2018 4* PF Thomas Kithier.  6'8", 210 lbs means that's someone Brooks would have to compete with for minutes in the front court at MSU.

That definitely means Brooks should stay home and play for IU.  No question.

Mr. Spock would definitely approve of your logic.

2019 WING KEION BROOKS SAYS 3 SCHOOLS SHOWING MOST INTEREST + SUMMER VISIT PLANS

One of the top sophomores in the country, North Side (IN) wing Keion Brooks is off to a terrific start on the EYBL circuit with Indy Heat putting up close to 20 points per contest. The 5star provides insight on his play this Spring and updates his recruitment.

An elite athlete with the ability to play on the perimeter or the inside, Brooks — who ranks number 14 for the class of 2019 per Scout — is one of the most complete two-way players in the country regardless of class.

“I would say the biggest strength of my game is versatility. I’m able to guard multiple positions on defense and on offense I can post up smaller guys and take bigger guys off the dribble.”

Having viewed Keion multiple times this Spring, we have to concur with that assessment. At 6’8, Brooks is a matchup nightmare. His ballhandling and change of direction is good enough to beat defenders from the wing, while his size, length, athleticism and body control allow him to play the high post area where he thrives. With a developing jumpshot that extends beyond the arch, Keion can be used at almost any spot on the court and be effective.

Keion has played stellar so far in EYBL, averaging 18.6 points and 7.1 rebounds per game, but expects more out of himself moving forward.

“Things have been kind of up and down with Spiece. We haven’t been able to close out games like we should. But I think I’ve played well so far this spring. I still have some things to improve on and get better at but I think I’ve had a pretty good showing overall.”

Holding offers from Kansas, Ohio State, Indiana, Xavier, Michigan State, Kansas State, Memphis and Purdue, Brooks is already a highly sought after prospect to college coaches. In addition to those offers, Keion reports that UCLA, Michigan, Kentucky, Louisville, Iowa and Arizona are all showing interest.

While Brooks is in no hurry with his recruitment, three schools in particular have made him a clear priority.

“The schools showing the most interest are Michigan State, Purdue and Indiana.”

Keion has a few schools that he’s tentatively set to visit this summer as well.

“I’d like to visit Ohio State, Kansas, UCLA, and Iowa this Summer,” Brooks told Endless Motor Sports.

Keion’s sole focus for now though is improvement on his game and winning games with Indy Heat.

“For the summer I just want to continue to get better in all aspects of my game and continue to show coaches that I’m a kid they want to be a part of their program. And from a team perspective I want to make that push so we can make it into Peach Jam.”

Keion’s combination of size, ballskills and athleticism place him at the very top of the crop for the class of 2019. While his scoring prowess and elite finishing ability grab all the headlines, his rebounding  and defensive abilities make him a prospect with one of the highest ceilings in the nation.

On 4/19/2017 at 2:50 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Personal opinion is I'd prefer to get him a new car every month to cover Indiana/Illinois/Ohio/Kentucky than all the plane expense we racked up to and from the east coast under the previous administration.

I'd go north to Michigan, before I'd go south to Kentucky. Recruit Kentucky, might as well recruit North Dakota.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:47 AM, HoosierHoops1 said:

I'd go north to Michigan, before I'd go south to Kentucky. Recruit Kentucky, might as well recruit North Dakota.

Very true one reason why what little talent that comes out of that state stays in the state is because nobody bothers to develop a pipeline there. 

8 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Very true one reason why what little talent that comes out of that state stays in the state is because nobody bothers to develop a pipeline there. 

We tried with Bud Mackey, but he was a little more like a Kelvin Sampson recruit than we even could have imagined.

On 6/1/2017 at 2:40 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Inside The Hall.  Info on his AAU season and again says relationship with IU has improved since CAM took over.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/06/01/keion-brooks-jr-talks-indiana-interest-recruiting/

Interesting that Arizona is on that list. I would think Sean Miller would shy away from recruits in Indiana out of respect for his brother.

Interesting that Arizona is on that list. I would think Sean Miller would shy away from recruits in Indiana out of respect for his brother.

LOLZ. I don't think college coaches would hold back from smacking their grandma if it meant landing a 5 star kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

LOLZ. I don't think college coaches would hold back from smacking their grandma if it meant landing a 5 star kid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not saying he wouldn't take his commitment. But it takes a lot of time and effort to land these kids, and you'd think he would choose to spend it elsewhere.

On 6/5/2017 at 8:22 PM, HoosierHoops1 said:

We tried with Bud Mackey, but he was a little more like a Kelvin Sampson recruit than we even could have imagined.

Yes, wasn't he the recruit who decided to smoke weed at school and later rob someone?