Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

We went from not really being on his list, or at least that's how it seemed, to having his dad's college coach/family friend on our staff. Good stuff. It doesn't get much better than that when it comes to building a relationship with a recruit. 

I wish this kid was an 18' recruit, but no matter when IF he comes here I will be very happy. I think he has a shot to be a top 5 player in the country. Also it would help us this year with Tyger Campbell. The two are pretty close. We haven't shown much interest in him, but I love that kids game and could be a great fall back option if we miss on Garland and Phinisee.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Personal opinion is I'd prefer to get him a new car every month to cover Indiana/Illinois/Ohio/Kentucky than all the plane expense we racked up to and from the east coast under the previous administration.

I wonder if Glass will give him the million dollar recruiting budget the previous administration had. With his inside-out recruiting style I doubt he'll even need it. 

Archie's going to need a new car soon with all these miles he's racking up. I hope he's bringing Schilling with him. 

Nah, he flew into FWA. That's my neck of the woods. He met with other important people in the area today. He wasn't driving.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Nah, he flew into FWA. That's my neck of the woods. He met with other important people in the area today. He wasn't driving.

Ah okay, that makes sense. Saves him a lot of time. Was he meeting with high school coaches/other important basketball people in the area?

Ah okay, that makes sense. Saves him a lot of time. Was he meeting with high school coaches/other important basketball people in the area?

I know he was at the Parkview Mirro Center today for a short time. Met with Mike Packnett and I would imagine Mirro. Don't know beyond that who all he met with after. My boss just said he was up here meeting people. Not a very good investigative person. I work at PCO which is across the street from the Mirro Center. It was dog and pony show day at Parkview.

I should add it wasn't uncommon for Crean to come to Fort Wayne for two things. Isaac Knapp and Parkview items. Crean didn't come up for much the last few years for the Isaac Knapp conferences which he was a speaker his first few years. But Parkview he was fairly consistent a couple of times a year.

10 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Still a whole lot cheaper than flying to the east coast.  And I'm not complaining that he flew to FW; he needs to maximize his time on the recruiting trail and he can't do that driving from point A to point B.  The man is setting a furious early pace and hopefully the good reviews we're hearing from coaches and others translates into some really exciting commitment announcements.

Still a whole lot cheaper than flying to the east coast.  And I'm not complaining that he flew to FW; he needs to maximize his time on the recruiting trail and he can't do that driving from point A to point B.  The man is setting a furious early pace and hopefully the good reviews we're hearing from coaches and others translates into some really exciting commitment announcements.

Yeah I would be shocked if he didn't meet with coaches in the area today. Some good programs that spit out D1 talent pretty regularly. Not Indy level for sure, but some decent talent.

I should add it wasn't uncommon for Crean to come to Fort Wayne for two things. Isaac Knapp and Parkview items. Crean didn't come up for much the last few years for the Isaac Knapp conferences which he was a speaker his first few years. But Parkview he was fairly consistent a couple of times a year.

Yep I met him through Isaac Knapp meetings before. He didn't know then I was one of his biggest detractors. But...... He'd pull me in then push me out. Lol

I should of met Keion and Archie over at NS. Just a stones throw away.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners