Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Ohio State point guard CJ Walker is heading to the professional ranks. Walker announced on his personal Twitter account on Monday evening that he is going pro and plans to hire an agent and forgo his final year of eligibility at the college level.

One of the strangest players in college basketball -- Ball State's K.J. Walton -- is in the portal.  6'3" guard will be in his seventh season;  he started his career at Missouri and played there for two years, starting 24 games and averaging 6 ppg in about 15 mpg before transferring to Ball State.  Sat out his transfer season, averaged 13 points and 4 boards as a junior;  next year he was limited to 10 games due to injury and redshirted;  came back in 2020-1 as a sixth year senior and average 16 points and 6 rebounds.  He's basically a 6'3" guard who can't play the point but can get to the rim (shot 54%  last year) and rebounds well for his size.  Has already played 125 games.  He'll basically be playing his third senior season next year;  started 2018-9 as a senior and played ten games before redshirting;  played 2019-20 as a second senior seaosn and 2020-1 will be his third.  

10 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

One of the strangest players in college basketball -- Ball State's K.J. Walton -- is in the portal.  6'3" guard will be in his seventh season;  he started his career at Missouri and played there for two years, starting 24 games and averaging 6 ppg in about 15 mpg before transferring to Ball State.  Sat out his transfer season, averaged 13 points and 4 boards as a junior;  next year he was limited to 10 games due to injury and redshirted;  came back in 2020-1 as a sixth year senior and average 16 points and 6 rebounds.  He's basically a 6'3" guard who can't play the point but can get to the rim (shot 54%  last year) and rebounds well for his size.  Has already played 125 games.  He'll basically be playing his third senior season next year;  started 2018-9 as a senior and played ten games before redshirting;  played 2019-20 as a second senior seaosn and 2020-1 will be his third.  

old-man-play-pass-basketball-studio-playing-passing-wearing-sportswear-isolated-white-background-191935193.jpg

11 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Let's get him and Jalen Coleman-Lands and call it a day. Those 2 plus Brunk....GET OLD STAY OLD 

3 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

Let's get him and Jalen Coleman-Lands and call it a day. Those 2 plus Brunk....GET OLD STAY OLD 

I know Brunk is gone, but in a hypothetical world, with those three players on next year's roster, and starting along side Rob and TJD.... would our starting 5 average age be older than the Chicago Bull's starting 5? Lol

4 hours ago, IGotMeAWoody said:

I know Brunk is gone, but in a hypothetical world, with those three players on next year's roster, and starting along side Rob and TJD.... would our starting 5 average age be older than the Chicago Bull's starting 5? Lol

But still younger than Wisconsin’s.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Honestly I have no hope that it gets fixed. No idea how a coach’s son has a shot that awkward

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Maybe his shot was always jacked but maybe not. In HS he injured his shooting wrist 2 years in a row. It's possible that's when it became so bad. That's just me speculating and giving him and his dad the benefit of the doubt. I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Maybe his shot was always jacked but maybe not. In HS he injured his shooting wrist 2 years in a row. It's possible that's when it became so bad. That's just me speculating and giving him and his dad the benefit of the doubt. I could be wrong.

If he can figure out how to make it go in, I don't care what it looks like. Hulls had a weird shot that started at the side of his head. Worked for him.

10 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Honestly I have no hope that it gets fixed. No idea how a coach’s son has a shot that awkward

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Some people have unorthodox shots that they can make work through repetition. Albeit, much more challenging. TG seems likely to be one of these cases.  

He is/was the player he was in HS.  “Sneaky” athletic, better ball handler than expected. Good driver, tenacious defender, not a good shooter from FT to 3 PT.    

I like him as a player but at his size in college he needs to be able to shoot the rock cuz you can’t making a living driving in the B1G.  

37 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

As a TV analyst? On his radio show? Both? Isn't the The Fan an ESPN affiliate? ... Sorry -- can't read the article; it's behind a paywall. 

They are talking about not having him back on TV. He is bad on radio at times. He wants to get into political areas and lets that get in the way of his sports show. He's entitled to his opinions, of course, but sometimes he goes way overboard for a sports show. Emmis has a political talk station. Maybe he should get a show on that instead.

38 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

As a TV analyst? On his radio show? Both? Isn't the The Fan an ESPN affiliate? ... Sorry -- can't read the article; it's behind a paywall.