Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

16/18 IUFB vs Nebraska - Saturday, 10.19.24 @ Noon - HOMECOMING

Go Hoosiers. 

I'll be on North Carolina's lovely Outer Banks this weekend in a long-planned vacation, but we're gonna try to find a sports bar that will have the game (my nephew wants to watch his school play as well -- so hoping we can locate a place). If not, I'll try to keep an eye on my phone. 

Sounds like it will be a fun atmosphere. Sorta reminds me of my time in college (during the dark ages) -- essentially the last time we were good for a stretch in football. During my junior year, the stadium was pretty much packed for every home game. One was a 41-7 blowout of O$U -- now known as the darkest day in the history of Ohio State football. Another was a memorable shootout in which Iowa's Chuck Hartleib went nuts late. 

We were up 35-3 at halftime before Hartlieb really got rolling. We ended up winning 45-34 and Hartlieb finished with well over 500 passing yards. 

Fun times!

You know what else would be fun? 7-0! 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

It's Friday of homecoming weekend. Let's Go!! We need to pick it up in here. The electricity on campus is crazy. It hasn't felt like this in a long time. Let's beat Nebraska. Send the farm boys home

Could not agree more! I went on Kirkwood for lunch yesterday and it really felt like a big time football atmosphere.  Should be in the mid 60's at kickoff.  Go Hoosiers!

33 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Could not agree more! I went on Kirkwood for lunch yesterday and it really felt like a big time football atmosphere.  Should be in the mid 60's at kickoff.  Go Hoosiers!

I just walked over to the Barstool area. I literally could have walked up on stage and sat in one of the chairs. They were pretty laid back. Then I walked over to Big Noon kickoff and they had security everywhere. I couldn't get close to the stage. People are out everywhere. 

44 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I just walked over to the Barstool area. I literally could have walked up on stage and sat in one of the chairs. They were pretty laid back. Then I walked over to Big Noon kickoff and they had security everywhere. I couldn't get close to the stage. People are out everywhere. 

Where is Barstool set up?

I can’t remember being more excited for an IU football game.

Fair or not,  from a national perspective this game will label IU as either contenders or pretenders. NB’s defense, and the trenches, scare me but I still picked IU by 14. 
Jealous of those of you that will be at the game. Have fun and let’s gooooooo.

I mentioned that the trenches scare me a bit.  NB leads the BT in both sacks and TFL. Think we will quickly see how/if  our OL will hold up. 

Its kind of hard to imagine, because I grew up when NB was an absolute power and they have been in the weak West division, but if Nebraska wins tomorrow it will be the first time in 8 years that they have qualified for a bowl and and the first time in 8 years that they have beaten a ranked team.  Looking forward to disappointing them.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

.....picks or video please! lol

I won't be able to make it, but would be cool to see what's going on.....

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

In the corner of the grass area at 17th & Woodlawn

Wonder where El Presidente ended up eating last night.  He was getting a lot of Little Zagrebs, Mother Bear, or Buffalouise.  So as you could imagine every “fan” spot in Bloomington outside of Little Zagrebs.