Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

How Many IUFB Wins In 2024?

On 5/19/2024 at 9:03 AM, IUFAN1976 said:

3-7 wins.  Hard to tell because of a new coach, system and so many new players 

Really laugh about the way you put a stake in the ground.  

Guess that they will win some and lose some.

And...

Most likely, the sun will come up tomorrow.

On 5/21/2024 at 4:59 PM, Dave from Dayton said:

Really laugh about the way you put a stake in the ground.  

Guess that they will win some and lose some.

And...

Most likely, the sun will come up tomorrow.

It’s just hard to tell with a new coach, new system and a lot of new players.  I would like to see them play a few games first before I make a clear assessment 

I’m guessing 8 wins.  We’ve had the talent to compete but have minimized their abilities and the players weren’t set up to succeed.  With an experienced coach and staff I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.  We haven’t had a coach with head coaching success since Hep and he was turning things around.

I'm in for six wins. Anything over that is gravy (and good for recruiting both portal and H.S.).

I feel like we are in for a fun ride with less self inflicted pain, less heartache, and more competitiveness. Yeah, probably over-optimistic on those points.

My predictions based on absolutely nothing other than looking at games on the schedule. Year 1, with a lot of roster movement, new system, new league for the coaches, etc., I think 6 wins and a bowl game would be a win overall. 

FIU - Win

W. Ill - Win

UCLA - Loss

Charlotte - Win

Maryland - Win

Northwestern - Loss

Nebraska - Loss

Washington - Loss

MSU - Win

Michigan - Loss

OSU - Loss 

Purdue - Win

Total - 6 wins. 

There are so many unknowns this season with all the transfer portal movement. I do think that the IU we see in September will likely be much different than the one we see in October/November. But with all the talent brought in not just from a player standpoint but also with the new coaching staff; if we can stay healthy I see us winning 6-7 games and going to a bowl game. GO HOOSIERS!

FIU - W

W. Ill - W

@UCLA - W

Charlotte - W

Maryland - W/L

@Northwestern - W

Nebraska - L

Washington - L

@MSU - L

Michigan - L

@OSU - L

Purdue - W

Total - 6 wins. 

I think Cig sticks with his brand of winning. Brings home 8 wins in year 1. The man is not a fluke....he'll lead us to prominence. This era is different and is going to change the IUFB brand.

FIU - W
W. Ill - W
@UCLA - W/L
Charlotte - W
Maryland - W
@Northwestern - L
Nebraska - W/L
Washington - W/L
@MSU - W/L
Michigan - L
@OSU - L
Purdue - W

2 hours ago, iu-dl said:

I think Cig sticks with his brand of winning. Brings home 8 wins in year 1. The man is not a fluke....he'll lead us to prominence. This era is different and is going to change the IUFB brand.

FIU - W
W. Ill - W
@UCLA - W/L
Charlotte - W
Maryland - W
@Northwestern - L
Nebraska - W/L
Washington - W/L
@MSU - W/L
Michigan - L
@OSU - L
Purdue - W

I've been disappointed so many times after getting my hopes up. IU football has been demoralizing at best. But I think you are right. This seems different. CCC is very process oriented and that type of approach pays off.

I am going with 6.  I am pumped and hope I am wrong, and we get 7 or 8

FIU - W
W. Ill - W
@UCLA - L
Charlotte - W
Maryland - W
@Northwestern - W
Nebraska - L
Washington - L
@MSU - W
Michigan - L
@OSU - L
Purdue - W

According to Blue Blood Bias College football rankings after game one IU ranked 22….that should make IU football fans feel better…..but not quite as good as Colorado Buffalo fans as they are ranked 10.

On 8/2/2024 at 3:17 PM, 68Hoosier said:

I am going with 6.  I am pumped and hope I am wrong, and we get 7 or 8

FIU - W
W. Ill - W
@UCLA - L
Charlotte - W
Maryland - W
@Northwestern - W
Nebraska - L
Washington - L
@MSU - W
Michigan - L
@OSU - L
Purdue - W

Uhm...pardon me, the post shows 6 but itemized it presents 7 wins.  On one hand that makes sense.  On the other hand, I am not sure.  On another hand, well...we demand a recount.  90% of this made sense.  The other half didn't.