Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

If that does happen I have to think IU has a good shot. 

1) Like Ware, Bradshaw was a top 10 recruit with a disappointing freshman season. He had some injuries this year but I think he has a really good skill set. 

2) I think he is from the same area Mgbako is from. Wonder if there is a connection there. 

Pretty sure they played together, i prefer Bradshaw over Williams 

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

maybe this means they'll team up in cream and crimson candy stripes and lead us back to the promise land!

We can surely hope.  For all the hoopla about 3pt % having dynamic guards who are athletic as hell will do us wonders.  Not all guards we recruit need to be 40% shooters, in fact they're hard to find.  

Give me:  Carlyle, Rice, Humichrous, and Perkins/ Hickman, and a 5 for relief and I'd be damn happy.

We get more athletic, better defensively,  and the shooting is certainly there with MM, Humichrous, and Rice (I think he has great potential to get to 36-38% 3 pt %). 

And to boot for not getting guards we pull 2 of the top 20 in the portal.  

50 minutes ago, FW Hoosier said:

I saw on Twitter where Myles Rice posted on his Instagram Story a picture of him and Carlyle waiting to check into a game together earlier this season.  

If this means something, wonder if that says anything about our chances with Conwell.

11 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

If this means something, wonder if that says anything about our chances with Conwell.

If conwell follows to Saint Louis I’d gladly take a Carlyle rice back court, both talented and would be with us for 3 more years hypothetically at least 

37 minutes ago, FW Hoosier said:

We can surely hope.  For all the hoopla about 3pt % having dynamic guards who are athletic as hell will do us wonders.  Not all guards we recruit need to be 40% shooters, in fact they're hard to find.  

Give me:  Carlyle, Rice, Humichrous, and Perkins/ Hickman, and a 5 for relief and I'd be damn happy.

We get more athletic, better defensively,  and the shooting is certainly there with MM, Humichrous, and Rice (I think he has great potential to get to 36-38% 3 pt %). 

And to boot for not getting guards we pull 2 of the top 20 in the portal.  

Oh, that is all huh? lol 

28 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

Oh, that is all huh? lol 

Why not?  They're certainly trying.  All I can ask for as a fan.  Regardless of how unhappy I get as a fan I'll still hope, follow, and cheer like hell for a positive and compettitive team.  

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

For whatever reason Kentucky fans think Bradshaw goes portaling today. 

He’s an interesting one because he has the skill set but Klutch is all up in that business.  Would be another risk/reward if he does indeed portal. 

That'd be about another Ware situation almost.

36 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

247 and ESPN updated their portal rankings today. 

Carlyle is a consensus top 10 prospect. Rice is as well. Perkins was 15 on one and 37 on the other. I'd say those 3 guys are hopefully priority. It does seem like a "weaker" group this year. 

Amari Williams was a consensus top 50 prospect. ESPN had Hickman at 90. Leland Walker is just outside the top 100. Humrichous was one of the last ones ranked on ESPN, probably around 140. 

Do these rankings mean much? It depends. Everyone was right on Knecht, Ware, and others last year, but missed on guys like Timberlake. Lance Jones has had a pretty good impact at Purdue and I'm not sure he was top 100. 

Just a guess, guys like Walker and Humrichous aren't starters here. They may have to accept a role off the bench. Hickman I think is a starter here. 

Peegs did not list Thiero from UK or Blackmon on their list of guys IU is pursuing. I do know they've reached out to them. 

Call me crazy, but getting Hickman is almost as important as getting a Point Guard. He is a high volume high percentage shooter. 

My "Wishlist" on guys in the portal now:

Myles Rice- I like that he has 3 years left. Nothing against Perkins. 

Hickman-NEED shooters. He is the best one of this group. 

Humrichous-If he can accept a role off the bench that is huge. 

I'd love to see a world where Galloway and Tucker come off the bench. It means this team has a lot of potential. Looking at last years "5 stars" I'd say of the 14 college players 5-6 of them came off the bench. In the get old stay old world you aren't a penciled in starter as a 5 star anymore. 

My guess is, MW has already promised Tucker that he would be a starter.

Is MW out of NIL money?  
Does he ask for more NIL money?

Actually, does anyone here know the specifics of NIL money/donations whatever you call it/Rules/Regulations/Guidelines?  Can family members of players receive benefits? Etc…..what is the rule book or is it like the wild wild west?  I suppose it was like that before in some places and circumstances.

Information would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

My guess is, MW has already promised Tucker that he would be a starter.

Which makes ZERO sense, given that Mediocre Mike doesn't have a clue what his team will look like for 24-25. That's the idiocy of all of this.

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Is MW out of NIL money?  
Does he ask for more NIL money?

Actually, does anyone here know the specifics of NIL money/donations whatever you call it/Rules/Regulations/Guidelines?  Can family members of players receive benefits? Etc…..what is the rule book or is it like the wild wild west?  I suppose it was like what before in some places and circumstances.

Information would be appreciated.

I don't think there are many rules. And with the courts staying any NCAA "interference", they're completely hands-off, it's a free-for-all situation today.

As far as family members getting benefits, not sure, but there are ways around it. You could argue that whoever donated Leal's NIL last year paid his sister's student loans - that's always an effective workaround - give the cash to the player and let them hand it out to family members.