Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I just wonder what other big names could actually hit the portal. And if Those 3 sign, then Indiana would still have one left to dish out for one last big fish. Right?

Yes.  They are waiting on the Evansville kid as well.   If a big fish enters and they can find money at least they would have a scholly to see where things go 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Need to hold out on filling them all.  I got a feeling some bigger names will be hitting the portal with this second wave.  Pretty Goodman said kids were waiting until the last NIL payments were made for this year before they enter 

I’m no NIL expert but big names waiting seems….risky? I get the thought that fewer players means a higher possible NIL as teams panic. But, isn’t it possible that the big money goes and all that’s left is bench player money? 

I’m so excited we got Ballo!  I’m not too concerned about lineups and who gets the last starting spot.  Those things usually work themselves out.  If we do have Carlyle the top 6 are going to play big minutes.  Cupps is going to play and Newton needs to play.  

I think we probably leave one scholarship open, so assuming Carlyle is in the fold that’s three more spots to fill.  I hope one of them is Humrichous.  We obviously need a backup big and a sniper to round things out.

What is the date the portal closes to enter?  There will most likely be some late additions and you never know who might enter.

36 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

So lets just look at before and after:

X (career due to injury):  40% from three; 75% free throws; 11 pts/game

Rice (freshman year): 27.5% from three; 80% free throws; 15 pts/game

Ware (IU only): 42% from three; 63% free throws; 16 points/game; 10 rebounds/game; 56 blocks

Ballo (AZ only): 0 three; 49.5% free throws; 13 points/game; 10 rebounds/game; 45 blocks.

Not sure what balances out what, but kind of looks like a push to me (it's literally a napkin analysis so take it for what it's worth).  Rice gives up some 3 pct., but tends to score a few more points than X.  We lose Ware's outside shot, some FT pct., but the points/boards are in line with each other.   

Seems to me Tucker and the next 1-2 gets will make the difference -- should be significant upgrades from those who left.  Woody's got a lot more cooking to do, IMO.  

So 4 more points per game between Johnson and Rice is worth noting that Rice scores more but 3 more points per game for Ware is about the same as Ballo? I'm confused by that take. The boards are pretty much the same but the points definitely aren't.

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Need to hold out on filling them all.  I got a feeling some bigger names will be hitting the portal with this second wave.  Pretty Goodman said kids were waiting until the last NIL payments were made for this year before they enter 

We don’t really have room for big names anymore tbh, no big names want to come off the bench 

25 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

I’m so excited we got Ballo!  I’m not too concerned about lineups and who gets the last starting spot.  Those things usually work themselves out.  If we do have Carlyle the top 6 are going to play big minutes.  Cupps is going to play and Newton needs to play.  

I think we probably leave one scholarship open, so assuming Carlyle is in the fold that’s three more spots to fill.  I hope one of them is Humrichous.  We obviously need a backup big and a sniper to round things out.

What is the date the portal closes to enter?  There will most likely be some late additions and you never know who might enter.

May 1. But that only applies to undergrads, grad transfers can still enter after that.

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Any pre-visit vibes for essigian?

I don’t think so since he’s made the rounds already. But IU would take him. My guess is he’ll tell us what his offers have been then it’s up to us to decide what we want to do.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I don’t think so since he’s made the rounds already. But IU would take him. My guess is he’ll tell us what his offers have been then it’s up to us to decide what we want to do.

He’s going to have to decide if he wants to come off the bench at IU or potentially start elsewhere. 

Indiana has seven guys in the rotation. Room is running out. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He’s not starting for Michigan or Maryland either.

If he wants to stay at the power conference level, he isn’t starting. So it makes sense for him to still visit 

21 minutes ago, Trish said:

He’s going to have to decide if he wants to come off the bench at IU or potentially start elsewhere. 

Indiana has seven guys in the rotation. Room is running out. 

True, but a starting role would be at a mid-major, with substantially less NIL.