Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

9 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I thought Mack's violations at Louisville were minor level II violations.  I'm not sure that he's a major rehab project.  

Oh yeah, Mack was always gonna get another shot. Just really surprised it was Charleston. 

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Norlander -

What's been rumored/expected for more than a week is now official: Andy Enfield has left USC for SMU.  USC figures to look into Eric Musselman, Buzz Williams, Jamie Dixon, Jerome Tang, Niko Medved and Mark Pope, among others.

If everything you read is true that Muss has worn everybody out at yet another stop, I imagine he can be had.

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Norlander -

What's been rumored/expected for more than a week is now official: Andy Enfield has left USC for SMU.  USC figures to look into Eric Musselman, Buzz Williams, Jamie Dixon, Jerome Tang, Niko Medved and Mark Pope, among others.

USC likes flash and pizazz.  I don't see much of either in those names.  My guess is that Musselman is looking for a change of scenery.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Norlander -

I don’t hate that move for Enfield or SMU. I wonder if he gets a nice NIL pot or if it all goes to football.  

That’s an interesting list of candidates for our new conference foe. 

2 hours ago, Demo said:

If everything you read is true that Muss has worn everybody out at yet another stop, I imagine he can be had.

But then why would you want him?

This will be interesting to watch for a couple of reasons: 1) McCollum has been wildly successful in D-2 and he could the next Josh Schertz.  2) Never met the man but there are a not insignificant number of people around the basketball world I inhabit who maintain that he is stone nuts. We’ll see what happens with more exposure and scrutiny. 

10 minutes ago, Demo said:

This will be interesting to watch for a couple of reasons: 1) McCollum has been wildly successful in D-2 and he could the next Josh Schertz.  2) Never met the man but there are a not insignificant number of people around the basketball world I inhabit who maintain that he is stone nuts. We’ll see what happens with more exposure and scrutiny. 

Why do you think they think he is nuts?  It looks like a great hire on the surface. 

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Why do you think they think he is nuts?  It looks like a great hire on the surface. 

It’s my understanding, and, again, never met him, that he is intense in a way that would make Danny Hurley look at him a little sideways. But he’s won something like 5 D-2 Naty’s, so clearly whatever he’s doing works. And he’s only, maybe, 40, so if he can level up he’s got the chance to just keep going.

6 minutes ago, Demo said:

It’s my understanding, and, again, never met him, that he is intense in a way that would make Danny Hurley look at him a little sideways. But he’s won something like 5 D-2 Naty’s, so clearly whatever he’s doing works. And he’s only, maybe, 40, so if he can level up he’s got the chance to just keep going.

Guy with that level of success in anything are usually nuts.  They don't think/act like "normal" people.   

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

If Muss does end up at Southern Cal, I wonder if there's any chance the Hogs would give the keys to our guy? Or would they insist on an outside hire? 

Indiana's Keith Smart (23) puts up a shot in the final seconds of the NCAA Championship game on March 30, 1987.

They should obviously hire Corless Williamson or Scotty Thurman.