Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Glad it’s not OSU or UM.

And Louisville will be a nice gig for him. If will be easy for him to look way better than Payne. Pressure won’t be as high out of the gate.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

This aged about as well as a fart in a sauna unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I don't eat that stuff and spend my money how I want, wouldn't tell you how to spend yours. Thanks 

I didn’t tell you how to spend your money.  I just told you the price of a triple cheeseburger meal. You’re welcome. 

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Wow what a fumble by Louisville.

I wonder if the big donor that wanted Scott Drew wasn't on board and Dusty thought it would be better to take the Michigan job.  

7 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I wonder if the big donor that wanted Scott Drew wasn't on board and Dusty thought it would be better to take the Michigan job.  

BTW, the big donor in Drew's corner reportedly is Junior Bridgeman. He's from East Chicago (near where I grew up), played at the U of L  and then in the NBA. Oddly enough, he played in the Association before the real big money was doled out, and made beaucoup dinero in business after hoops. Kind of an interesting story if you ask me. 

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

BTW, the big donor in Drew's corner reportedly is Junior Bridgeman. He's from East Chicago (near where I grew up), played at the U of L  and then in the NBA. Oddly enough, he played in the Association before the real big money was doled out, and made beaucoup dinero in business after hoops. Kind of an interesting story if you ask me. 

It’s definitely Junior Bridgeman. I believe I read he’s the 3rd wealthiest retired NBA player behind Jordan and Magic. Pretty crazy to think about considering Bridgeman likely never made close to a million dollars in a single season.

3 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Bridgeman was a nice player on some pretty good Bucks teams.  Played with Quinn Buckner while he was there.

Seems to be a theme that the two former teammates aren't able to orchestrate necessary coaching changes.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

I wasn't big on him but it'd really suck if he turns around and kicks IU's arse every year now.

Last I saw, Dusty’s team of veteran players couldn’t beat an undermanned Northwestern team and looked horribly coached at crucial moments.

It will take him some time to get his players. Don’t think this will happen right away at least 

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Bridgeman was a nice player on some pretty good Bucks teams.  Played with Quinn Buckner while he was there.

Seems to be a theme that the two former teammates aren't able to orchestrate necessary coaching changes.

Junior Bridgeman told Louisville he would pay Scott Drew’s entire salary if they could land him. Guess Bridgeman and Homer Drew go way back to their northern Indiana days. 

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

It’s definitely Junior Bridgeman. I believe I read he’s the 3rd wealthiest retired NBA player behind Jordan and Magic. Pretty crazy to think about considering Bridgeman likely never made close to a million dollars in a single season.

I think he got in the ground floor on Wendy's, bought a bunch of franchises before Wendy's was a household brand -- then sold them for massive profits.