Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I also understand that people are happy that these two clowns are losing access but also understand he didn't take anything away from them. He is punishing the fans. Eric and Ward will still have a podcast, their still going to have a collective for other sports, probably even basketball. There still going to go to games. He's taking it out on fans wanting to pay to meet players, he's taking it out on further income for his players. 

These guys no longer have a platform worth listening too without access to the men's program. I'll give it a year, maybe two before their brand (finally) goes quietly into the night. 

33 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Most ironic part of the podcast is those two repeatedly saying “it was never about us”. Their entire charade over the years was pure self-promotion. 

I won't listen to the podcast because they are a clown show. I have no respect for them or anyone who listens to them

Should be interesting to see the relationship Woodson has with the media going forward. My guess, even more contentious. 

Anyway, this all around looks bad imo. This is the type of dirty laundry that should not get out. It has, and further that with Sydney Parish (arguably the most recognizable player on the women's team) throwing her support to HH.

Will be very interesting to see where this all goes. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I also understand that people are happy that these two clowns are losing access but also understand he didn't take anything away from them. He is punishing the fans. Eric and Ward will still have a podcast, their still going to have a collective for other sports, probably even basketball. There still going to go to games. He's taking it out on fans wanting to pay to meet players, he's taking it out on further income for his players. 

If you are really an employee of  IU and you are bashing them like you do, I feel you should be let go. Most employees who bash their employers don't have their jobs very long 

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Worth noting, per the podcast, the Hysterics knew they had been cut off from all program access in May, yet did not put this podcast out until late June. That doesn't sit well with me. 

I can agree with that. It should have been done much sooner

26 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

These guys no longer have a platform worth listening too without access to the men's program. I'll give it a year, maybe two before their brand (finally) goes quietly into the night. 

Still providing lots of money for IUFB, IUWB, and men's soccer. I agree the podcast isn't very good but I want the athletes to get as much money as they can. 

19 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

If you are really an employee of  IU and you are bashing them like you do, I feel you should be let go. Most employees who bash their employers don't have their jobs very long 

Appreciate the support. I think we have different ideas for bashing. I would tend to think we could do a few things to our beloved university to make it a much better place. I've missed you, Scotty. Let's get beers soon :-)

Just now, Chris007 said:

I can agree with that. It should have been done much sooner

My first issue while listening to the podcast? 

Ward: "The fantasy camp and fan fest are cancelled. Because of one man, thousands will not have those memories."

GEEZ! As if IUBB couldn't still do those things WITHOUT Eric and Ward organizing them? Also... no self-reflection; if they hadn't bitten the hand that has fed them they would have continued to be the ones to run those things. When you're an independent reporter/talk show host like Kravitz or Dakich you can criticize all you want, but when you're an unofficial arm of the program? The program leadership is kinda your boss.

Again, this is the fault of Woody for letting it get this far, and the fault of Ward and Eric for being completely tone-deaf re the implications of running a bus over the program leader and still expecting special access and favors from him.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

People are asking if Scott is OK with this being released. He knew ahead of time that it was going to be. My personal opinion is he had Bruce or Dusty lined up last year and was told no. So he is going to let Woodson act any way he wants until we see how the season goes. It better be a top 3 BT finish and make the 2nd weekend for Woody's sake. 

A part of me wonders if IU hired ADs that aren't qualified so there's a reason to not let them do their job; at this point it wouldn't be shocking. The last 25 years have been a masterclass in how to mishandle and possibly ruin a once great program; putting aside fandom, the level of incompetence has been astounding.

4 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

A part of me wonders if IU hired ADs that aren't qualified so there's a reason to not let them do their job; at this point it wouldn't be shocking. The last 25 years have been a masterclass in how to mishandle and possibly ruin a once great program; putting aside fandom, the level of incompetence has been astounding.

How would Dolson have any control or say in the release of this podcast? 

I think if we want change we need to vote in the trustees election right now. It is all intertwined starting at the top. 

I don't have a particular favorite (well actually I do but will not endorse a candidate in this post) but most important is to get Jeremy Morris the incumbent out of there and get new blood in there. He singlehandedly hijacked all of last months meeting which is another peak into the world of dysfunction in the current administration.

Any of the other 11 candidates would be a welcome change and any IU alumni can vote at this link:

https://dataforms.iuf.iu.edu/trustee-election/vote  

44 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

These two ending up in jail would be the cherry on top.

https://x.com/hoosierspeaker/status/1805650118668169671?s=46&t=w6QCfPv_ohX9q670DTqgcA

I don't wish jail on anyone, but that is interesting if true.

EDIT: With a quick google search, the ON3 website has Hoosier Hysterics Collective listed as an LLC under "status", where the Hoosier Connect Collective on the same site is listed as a Non Profit.