Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Prefaced with the statement that I like the Hoosier Hysterics more than many. They are in the entertainment business and I find them entertaining. They also has unusual access and thereby allowed fans to get a window into the personalities of current and former players.
However ... it had to end, and I can see why it was done in person and I can see why Woody was salty. My primary criticism of Woody, Dolson, and the Hysterics on this one? This should have been entirely expected. And this should not have gotten to this point. Because IU and the Hysterics cannot have it both ways:
You cannot expect to:
  • Have full program access
  • Have inside ability to run fundraisers, and grant and ask for favors from the program, and
  • Monetize a podcast
While continuing to:
  • Routinely roll the bus over the leadership of the program

*unless the program was rolling… which it hasn’t been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Just a quick recap of the podcast. Woodson asked Eric to come to Bloomington for an in-person meeting in April. He refused to do it over the phone, via Zoom, or any other way.

Dolson, Woodson, and Eric all met in Woody's private area. Woody was upset that they had called him stubborn and had Brian Evans on their podcast in February. 

Woody said he was disappointed that he let them into his inner circle and they let him down. Even though he had asked Eric to give his kids a job on carpool karaoke.

So because of that, he was canceling Fanfest, the golf tournament, and anything else to do with HH. They asked if they could let someone else host it and he said NO. They asked why is he doing this and he said because Mike Woodson was being stubborn. HAHA the irony. 

They said why hurt the fans? He said he didn't care, true fans like him. They asked why hurt the players from getting money from this. He said the players don't need that money, they are getting big money from his buddies in NIL this year.

He told them he has been successful in every aspect of basketball and that last season was a Great Season. OMG, I can't believe that part.

Lastly, he said he wanted them to know this, and he wanted Dolson to hear this. Mike Woodson will be the coach at IU for as long as Mike Woodson wants to be the coach. 

Dolson never said a word during the whole meeting. 

Much appreciate the summary! Eric and Ward were clearly taking careful mental notes of every potentially offensive thing said to them during the meeting, whereas Woody was venting frustration. The difference is that Woody will not be allowed to provide a public rebuttal. Very different frame of reference beetween the two sides of the meeting. Can't wait to listen to it later today; interesting as hell.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

*unless the program was rolling… which it hasn’t been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There'd be no need for rolling that bus if the program was rolling.

1 hour ago, JSHoosier said:

Exactly what I feared when IU wouldn't sack up and get rid of him.

This was predicted to be the case by many people if IU ever hired a former player. Our fears have come true.

It was usually thought to be a different former player who would get hired then underperform but not get fired while being very arrogant about it. Same result with Woodson though.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Much appreciate the summary! Eric and Ward were clearly taking careful mental notes of every potentially offensive thing said to them during the meeting, whereas Woody was venting frustration. The difference is that Woody will not be allowed to provide a public rebuttal. Very different frame of reference beetween the two sides of the meeting. Can't wait to listen to it later today; interesting as hell.

Two things Ward was not there and Rabby said the athletic dept hasn't said any of this isn't accurate. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Prefaced with the statement that I like the Hoosier Hysterics more than many. They are in the entertainment business and I find them entertaining. They also has unusual access and thereby allowed fans to get a window into the personalities of current and former players.

However ... it had to end, and I can see why it was done in person and I can see why Woody was salty. My primary criticism of Woody, Dolson, and the Hysterics on this one? This should have been entirely expected. And this should not have gotten to this point. Because IU and the Hysterics cannot have it both ways:

You cannot expect to:

• Have full program access
  • Have inside ability to run fundraisers, and grant and ask for favors from the program, and
  • Monetize a podcast

While continuing to:

• Routinely roll the bus over the leadership of the program

Once the access increased and the antics didn’t go away it was obvious something like this would happen. The biggest issue I have is they still needing attention by putting out a private conversation and causing more arguing online which will accomplish nothing positive. 

Two things are true and somewhat mutually exclusive in all of this. 

1. The Hysterics guys are a major issue and not having them around the program as much going forward is a VERY good thing.

2. The IU Administration is a dysfunctional mess right now starting with Quinn, the trustees, the president and it goes right on down. Until house is cleaned from top to bottom at IU more and more of this dysfunction will come out in public with everyone moving in different directions.

All of this is interrelated to very poor leadership at the top that goes right on down and dirty laundry is now being aired in public from all angles and won't stop until their is a house cleaning of the trustees, Quinn, the president, Woody, and other administrators at the top. 

All are interrelated despite the university and athletic department being separate entities officially and many of the best people at IU have been removed by this administration (the Hysterics don't fall into this boat of being 'the best' but same idea of being tossed out) for daring to speak up against them.

A couple more examples of the disfunction:    

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/iu-trustees-arent-unanimous-on-letter-supporting-pres-whitten.php      

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/iu-trustee-meeting-interrupted-by-protests-calling-for-whittens-termination.php

This is all I could find, but more of this type of dirty laundry will likely be aired going forward until major changes are made at the top and eventually it will come from much more respected and better people than the Hysterics.

14 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Exactly. Two butt hurt clowns airing dirty laundry after being kicked off the gravy train. Petulant is the single word I’d use to describe whatever I just listened too.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Two things are true and not mutually exclusive in all of this. 

1. The Hysterics guys are a major issue and not having them around the program as much going forward is a VERY good thing.

2. The IU Administration is a dysfunctional mess right now starting with Quinn, the trustees, the president and it goes right on down. Until house is cleaned from top to bottom at IU more and more of this dysfunction will come out in public with everyone moving in different directions.

All of this is interrelated to very poor leadership at the top that goes right on down and dirty laundry is now being aired in public from all angles and won't stop until their is a house cleaning of the trustees, Quinn, the president, Woody, and other administrators at the top. 

All are interrelated despite the university and athletic department being separate issues and many of the best people at IU have been removed by this administration (the Hysterics don't fall into this boat of being 'the best' but same idea of being tossed out) for daring to speak up against them.

A couple more examples of the disfunction:    

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/iu-trustees-arent-unanimous-on-letter-supporting-pres-whitten.php      

https://indianapublicmedia.org/news/iu-trustee-meeting-interrupted-by-protests-calling-for-whittens-termination.php

This is all I could find, but more of this type of dirty laundry will be aired until major changes are made at the top.

People are asking if Scott is OK with this being released. He knew ahead of time that it was going to be. My personal opinion is he had Bruce or Dusty lined up last year and was told no. So he is going to let Woodson act any way he wants until we see how the season goes. It better be a top 3 BT finish and make the 2nd weekend for Woody's sake. 

So everyone is just going to believe what those idiots say about what happened in the meeting. Some you guys just believe everything that is said on a podcast without questioning the motive. Most of us agreed after the year we should made a change but it didn't happen so just move on. Why are some of you so butt hurt over all of this that you can't just let it go.

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

So everyone is just going to believe what those idiots say about what happened in the meeting. Some you guys just believe everything that is said on a podcast without questioning the motive. Most of us agreed after the year we should made a change but it didn't happen so just move on. Why are some of you so butt hurt over all of this that you can't just let it go.

Most ironic part of the podcast is those two repeatedly saying “it was never about us”. Their entire charade over the years was pure self-promotion. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

People are asking if Scott is OK with this being released. He knew ahead of time that it was going to be. My personal opinion is he had Bruce or Dusty lined up last year and was told no. So he is going to let Woodson act any way he wants until we see how the season goes. It better be a top 3 BT finish and make the 2nd weekend for Woody's sake. 

Absolutely and it speaks to everyone moving in a different direction as I said. IU needs a complete house cleaning at the top and many other Universities are laughing at the school right now and pulling donations. It all started with Quinn being put in charge of the trustees which he was totally unqualified for and has spread around to all levels.

Reminds me of the Herbert days again and eventually like with him there will be a complete house cleaning. McRobbie was far from perfect but was the best leadership IU has had since the 90's much like Tom Crean. Both were flawed, but more successful than anyone else since then despite lots of issues. 

All of this speaks to how poorly the University and board of trustees has been run the last 30 years and Buckner and the current administration are just the latest example of it and maybe the worst of all or at least close to it.  

5 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I think most of us are looking at it like Woodson is not able to have any kind of self-reflection of himself. If you listen to his senior day comments, Huber's comments, or what Eric said he said you believe every word. Or if you have had a one-on-one conversation with him this is normal for him. He really thinks last season was a Great season. He thinks Xavier getting hurt cost us the season. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think most of us are looking at it like Woodson is not able to have any kind of self-reflection of himself. If you listen to his senior day comments, Huber's comments, or what Eric said he said you believe every word. Or if you have had a one-on-one conversation with him this is normal for him. He really thinks last season was a Great season. He thinks Xavier getting hurt cost us the season. 

Its a trend throughout the University. No one in the current administration (athletics and academics) at the top can handle any criticism and will remove or marginalize anyone who calls them out just as happened to the Hysterics (albeit they deserved it way more than others who have been given this treatment). 

The University will lose more great people going forward (I know of at least three wonderful people in their current leadership roles who are leaving this fall due to their disgust with how the school is currently run) until major changes are made and they are currently being replaced with 'yes men and women'.

Athletics are the least of the issues right now but definitely a microcosm of a much larger issues starting with Buckner, the trustees, and the current administration. Speaks to a lot of insecure people in charge including Woodson. 

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Its a trend throughout the University. No one in the current administration (athletics and academics) at the top can handle any criticism and will remove or marginalize anyone who calls them out just as happened to the Hysterics (albeit they deserved it way more than others who have been given this treatment). 

The University will lose more great people going forward (I know of at least three wonderful people in their current leadership roles who are leaving this fall due to their disgust with how the school is currently run) until major changes are made.

Athletics are the least of the issues right now but definitely a microcosm of a much larger issues starting with Buckner, the trustees and the current administration.

As someone who is on this campus, I agree with everything you said 100%. Hopefully this time next year Buckner and a couple of others will be done with IU. Then real change can start to happen. 

I also understand that people are happy that these two clowns are losing access but also understand he didn't take anything away from them. He is punishing the fans. Eric and Ward will still have a podcast, their still going to have a collective for other sports, probably even basketball. There still going to go to games. He's taking it out on fans wanting to pay to meet players, he's taking it out on further income for his players. 

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As someone who is on this campus, I agree with everything you said 100%. Hopefully this time next year Buckner and a couple of others will be done with IU. Then real change can start to happen. 

It is important to note that when a university has the dysfunction described above, that sports are often what bring it to the surface and force changes (see the Indiana State Baseball team declining to host among other things).

This is likely what will lead to changes at IU as well eventually. It's why I see next season as a "can't lose situation" in many ways. If Woodson does well and wins it will be fun to be a fan again. If he fails it forces a much needed house cleaning from top-to-bottom likely starting with Buckner.