Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

9 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Promise to get everyone the update I committed to last weekend in the next day or two. Wanted to let things shake out from the meeting Tuesday and see how the tourney games went. 

Definitely interested and anxiously awaiting this for sure, especially with the outcome of last nights disaster. 

3 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Officially?  I’m guessing after whenever end of the year meetings are.  I’m thinking those should be Sunday with the expedited timeline.  

Unofficially?  I put the over/under at we have 7.5 spots to fill.  

Gone - Open, X, Walker, Ware, Bank, Gunn., 

We’ll see - Mack, Cupps, Newton, Malik

Back - Galloway, Leal, Sparks

Malik certainly seemed like he'll be back in the post game. Where he was asked some DUMB questions, I might add. 

Just now, btownqb said:

Malik certainly seemed like he'll be back in the post game. Where he was asked some DUMB questions, I might add. 

True but what else was he going to say right then?

Kind of surprised but seeing how bad he had been lately it makes sense we would be able to keep him.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

The end of the day if indeed Woodson is back my frustration moves to dolson and whoever else is responsible for keeping him. Things like last night being the norm should not be a thing. We are not competitive way to often

Exactly! IU was nearly blown out by every good team they played this year and certainly barely beat anyone of quality.

Exactly! IU was nearly blown out by every good team they played this year and certainly barely beat anyone of quality.
The wins were barely wins and all could have easily been losses. The last two wins were be a combined three points. All the losses mostly were blowouts. They can beat below average teams but if we played uconn again we would probably lose by 35.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

SOs struggle sometimes. 
Don't get me wrong he is good and we're better with him. However if he can't play smarter we don't need him. To be the player we will need he can't foul every minute he is in. He also might want to work on passing out of the post. Lots of work to do. What this all means is if Woodson wants to be good he can't gamble on just him we need another quality big

14 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

The end of the day if indeed Woodson is back my frustration moves to dolson and whoever else is responsible for keeping him. Things like last night being the norm should not be a thing. We are not competitive way to often

There are 3 sets of folks who have a hold on all of this. Dolson isn’t one of them. 

With all the coaching openings we know somebody will hire Dusty but it certainly won't be IU.

If we have players dumping recruits early on visits so they can go to the bar....

So the same thing is, whether Dakich has the scoop or not, all of this is either observable or believable.  We don't have a serious program.  We have a trust fund nepo-baby program that has just about squandered all the family wealth on hookers and blow while simultaneously selling how competently they are running the family business (into the ground).

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

The wins were barely wins and all could have easily been losses. The last two wins were be a combined three points. All the losses mostly were blowouts. They can beat below average teams but if we played uconn again we would probably lose by 35.

We were one of the luckiest teams in the country and still lost 14 games, half of which were not close.  Imagine what kind of disaster this year would have been had we not been so lucky.

If we have players dumping recruits early on visits so they can go to the bar....
So the same thing is, whether Dakich has the scoop or not, all of this is either observable or believable.  We don't have a serious program.  We have a trust fund nepo-baby program that has just about squandered all the family wealth on hookers and blow while simultaneously selling how competently they are running the family business (into the ground).
Woodson doesn't need to know their names he has happy running to the cash machine to get the best players money can buy. And he has Leal running cover for him.

I hope the school knows what they are signing up for next year.  They already know they have a daunting task in the portal and that is just the first step that needs to go almost perfect this offseason to not have a total clusterf--- of a year next year.

Bringing Woodson back is a stupid decision.  The sad thing is that absolutely no one will be held accountable for it.  On another note, this is what you get when your BOT is headed by a guy whose main claim to fame since leaving the school is "sports broadcaster".  Nothing says I can run a multimillion dollar education conglomerate like that.  Indiana is a f------ joke.