Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

52 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

IMO anything over an IU scholarship is paying Leal too much and shows just how desperate this staff is. 

Imo the Leal money was just given to him because the donor likes him and/or his family. A gift, basically. No one in their right mind would think that another school would use their NIL to poach him. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The Mother Bears money is different from the money he makes from one of the three NIL collectives IU has that he gets paid from. 

Right.  The collectives are the payroll.  Players are free to make their own “side” deals with local establishments as well — kinda what NIL was supposed to be about.  

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I want to but can’t, I have a business trip that week.  My nephew and his family are going to Thursday and Saturday’s game.  If I get back in time, I might go to Saturday’s game. 

Have fun at opening day.  

Is there a MLB thread started, I didn’t see one.  We should probably put our baseball talk in there instead of the Fire Mike Woodson thread.  

Go REDS!!!

Daily MLB Banter

1 hour ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

IMO anything over an IU scholarship is paying Leal too much and shows just how desperate this staff is. 

Bingo…Not to rip on a player but other than LCS do we really care if Leal comes back? If he is getting playing time we aren’t sniffing the tournament. He is not good enough we need much better guards. Leal skill level is MAC he should be following Sparks to Ball State chrip chrip and chill in Muncie.

28 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The Mother Bears money is different from the money he makes from one of the three NIL collectives IU has that he gets paid from. 

I want my Mother Bears money.

I miss it so much, my MIL goes frequently when she has to go Btown for stuff and send s me pizza pics lol. I still blow peoples minds in the south putting goldfish on salads. I use them instead of croutons at home.

IU should part ways with Mike Woodson. 

19 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Bingo…Not to rip on a player but other than LCS do we really care if Leal comes back? If he is getting playing time we aren’t sniffing the tournament. He is not good enough we need much better guards. Leal skill level is MAC he should be following Sparks to Ball State chrip chrip and chill in Muncie.

We should care because when Leal actually plays... We win. People don't want to admit it and seem blind to it, but we won when he's able to play 20-29 minutes. It's just a fact. So far, undefeated in his career when that's the case.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

We should care because when Leal actually plays... We win. People don't want to admit it and seem blind to it, but we won when he's able to play 20-29 minutes. It's just a fact. So far, undefeated in his career when that's the case.

I will say, based on some of the rotations at the end of the season if you squinted, there was a tournament team there. Shooting is still a problem and athletic guards would still torch us, and I might get killed for this take, but we would have been miles better with MR off the bench as sixth man playing center. A starting lineup of KW, MM, TG, AL, X/GC would have been interesting to me and we never really saw it until the win streak. I hated playing two centers and MM at the 3. He is not a 3 at the high major level. Small ball 4. 

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Shoot... LCS, I have to give you credit for being way ahead of the curve on Leal at the start of the season. I will admit I underestimated him, to a degree. But a world beater, he is not... If Leal is playing 20-29 minutes per game next year, not sure what our ceiling is or floor is. From the perspective that he will have been in the system a long time and showed some good stuff this year, I think he would be a good back of the rotation player/great in spot minutes. He did help people figure out where they were supposed to be on the court quite a bit. Since we will have a lot of new players, that will be valuable. Hopefully Gallo is more vocal this year too. The chemistry between TG and Leal was clear. I'm hoping we can land a backcourt that elevates the team despite our play style... 

I hate that we're relying on just being the biggest spender in the portal to construct a team. The state of the program is just sad...

Oh, and IU should definitely retire Mike Woodson.

9 hours ago, cleeter said:

The hold up?

Simple and correct answer - they just aren’t doing it. They believe in his abilities and letting him have an open checkbook to build a team and coach them.

My opinion - A joke of an administration. A “holier than thou” attitude that is more worried about perception and taking care of their “buddies” than they are winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this point, do they really believe in his abilities or are they just unwilling to admit they were wrong, and they are going to see if they can buy Woodson a team to save face?  

8 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

YARN | You serious, Clark? | National Lampoon's Christmas ...

8 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

Was he telling them to chill? I mean they're making the men's team look bad, not that they needed help to look bad.

They are bad, and they (the men's team) absolutely deserves it. 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You’re using a 5 game sample size during which IU played 1 tournament team (a Michigan State team that went 20-15). We didn’t exactly play a murderer’s row of opponents in those games. You’re cherry picking. Leal had games where he played 18, 17, and 16 minutes which we lost. If you expand it to conference games where he played double digit minutes, i.e., when he was in the rotation, IU went 7-7. 

Sure. Which is why I said he should play 20. 5-0 in those games. Meaning 2-7 in the others.

33 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Yes.  Continuity is important to teach the newer players the defensive rotations.  We also need 13 scholarship players and without developmental freshmen, it will be hard to fill scholarships 11-13 in the portal.