Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That kind of cabbage will buy us a 'best of portal' team in a hurry.

Doubtful since 1) you’re overpaying your own guys to stay. That’s 3 starters off a team that couldn’t make the NIT getting a premium, 

2) other big schools will have that much money or more to drop on less players raising the market. A couple extra mil for UK, KU, Duke is nothing if that’s what the market demands. 

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

There wasn't a player on the team this year who was making under 75K

Yea…I wanna say the “baseline” at a place like Purdue is $50k or thereabouts 

3 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

I'm personally sceptical of Bank's future. I see a bit of JG in Bank's game and wonder if he will ever be anything close to an intuitive basketball player. I'm not sold on him at all and think he'll follow the career trajectory of JG. 

I do, however, think there is still a chance that Gunn could become a pretty good player. I don't know why it hasn't happened yet, but if he gets in the right situation, he may thrive. A lot. 

I think they both can be decent players but will have to go a step down—either a mid-major or a Depaul or Georgtown-type team. 

13 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

$6 million for 13 players equals an average of $461,500 per player.

If the three lowest paid players make $150,00 each, that leaves $5.5 million-ish for ten players. 

If the next lowest five players average $250k each, that leaves almost $1 million per year for our top five players.

That kind of cabbage will buy us a 'best of portal' team in a hurry.

I regret that I have but one like to give for the cabbage. Bravo. 

21 minutes ago, Mr. Hoosier Pride said:

i'm out here bustin my a$$ in an economic hellhole trying to feed a family and this clown is pulling in 6 figures and telling me to chill?  

sorry if i sound a bit pissed about that....i am

It is a legitimate gripe...

6 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I say instead of adopting names on the back of the jersey let’s put the price tag 

I like it. Or inserting their NIL paycheck into the player introductions when the starting lineup is announced before every game.

"At guard, standing 6'5", from Bloomington Indiana earning $175,000, Anthony Leal!"

So at this point are we 100% certain Mike Woodson will be the coach for the 2024-25 season, or are there still things that could happen that makes Dolson be able to get someone else before next season starts? Just want to know if it’s worth clinging to the sliver of hope i have left that there could still be scenarios that happen that make him not end up being the coach. If not then whatever, and I’ll just try to shift to the “acceptance” stage for next season haha 

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

So at this point are we 100% certain Mike Woodson will be the coach for the 2024-25 season, or are there still things that could happen that makes Dolson be able to get someone else before next season starts? Just want to know if it’s worth clinging to the sliver of hope i have left that there could still be scenarios that happen that make him not end up being the coach. If not then whatever, and I’ll just try to shift to the “acceptance” stage for next season haha 

he's coming back...

just lose hope...after all you're an IU fan.  

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I think that all depends on who you talk to. My info is telling me he's back.

Jerry and some others have heard that there is a chance a change can still be made. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Jerry and some others have heard that there is a chance a change can still be made. 

Yeah that’s what’s making me hope certain scenarios can work themselves out where he gets the boot. Certainly not saying your info is wrong, and that does indeed bum me out knowing it’s what you’re hearing, but knowing there’s still others out there who think something could happen where a change could be made makes it REALLY hard to accept the fact that he’ll be here and try to turn my focus to how his season is going to go. I guess when you want someone gone so bad you just look for any teeny tiny speck of light that could lead to it. 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

Yeah that’s what’s making me hope certain scenarios can work themselves out where he gets the boot. Certainly not saying your info is wrong, and that does indeed bum me out knowing it’s what you’re hearing, but knowing there’s still others out there who think something could happen where a change could be made makes it REALLY hard to accept the fact that he’ll be here and try to turn my focus to how his season is going to go. I guess when you want someone gone so bad you just look for any teeny tiny speck of light that could lead to it. 

I'm trying to set my mind up for the worst which he is here till the end of next year but if I get some good news before then great. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The only thing that gives me a sliver (and I mean like 1%) of hope is that Liam backing out, the senior speech debacle, the 3rd arse kicking by Nebraska, and the subsequent "ejection" by Woodson all occurred after the Osterman report came out. Maybe, just maybe (again 1% hope) that moved the needle?

1 minute ago, kottke said:

The only thing that gives me a sliver (and I mean like 1%) of hope is that Liam backing out, the senior speech debacle, the 3rd arse kicking by Nebraska, and the subsequent "ejection" by Woodson all occurred after the Osterman report came out. Maybe, just maybe (again 1% hope) that moved the needle?

Not likely. More stuff would have to happen. 

1 minute ago, kottke said:

I 100% think the ejection came because he was still pouting from being asked to retire. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

Not likely. More stuff would have to happen. 

I don't disagree with you at all, but jeeeeeezus, what else has to happen this season to convince them? The things I listed are just the cherry on top of all the other sh*t that has happened this season.